PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream T-3s for disposal

hunty
25th Oct 2010, 19:53
The RN's fllet of four Jetstream T-3s have been advertised for sale. Three aircraft are stored at RAF Cranwell, with the other being at RAF Shawbury. All the aircraft are considered unserviceable.

The sale is an outright cash purchase for all four aircraft, as well as associated listed equipment.. All bids should be received by 10am on Monday November 1st 2010.

Will Evertt Aero get their hands on this lot? :hmm:

Hunty

rigpiggy
25th Oct 2010, 23:58
would you have the website for bidding on these?

NutLoose
26th Oct 2010, 01:55
Disposal Services Authority (http://www.edisposals.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Disposals-Public-Site/en_US/-/GBP/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=MieqQ4wkQg8000ArvQ_8K1sp000010_evgUq?ProductUUID= V_3AqBIQ3QsAAAErBmdaBXeo&CatalogCategoryID=uW7AqBELbsEAAAD_vUBpc4dn&JumpTo=OfferList)

:)

ZH875
26th Oct 2010, 07:34
Will Evertt Aero get their hands on this lot? :hmm:

I think the DSA is trying to hide 3 of them.

Of these aircraft qty 3 (Tail numbers ZE438, ZE439 and ZE441 are stored at RAF Cranwell, near Sleaford in Leicestershire and qty 1 Tail number ZE440 is stored at RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, in Shropshire.

wetdreamdriver
26th Oct 2010, 08:32
These aircraft last flew 2 years ago when they were pulled as a cost saving measure with the money gained from the sale price being part of the saving. They have been trying to flog them ever since for £1.6 mil!! God knows who thought of that figure!

AS usual we get rid of a capability and then re-buy it back for more money!!:} The removal of the capabilty cost T+S budgets of the 3 services upward of £3mil/year!:ugh:

Whoever buys these will get 4 very tidy a/c for nothing.

WDD

BEagle
26th Oct 2010, 09:33
Whoever buys these will get 4 very tidy a/c for nothing.

Except that the aircraft are currently considered 'unserviceable' - and the tortuous red tape of EASA will make civil certification of a 16 seat 'military airliner' an expensive nightmare..:\

Nobody was interested in the RAF's wretched T Mk1s when they came up for disposal, so they were virtually all scrapped. Although the T Mk3 is a much better aircraft (which doesn't actually say much...), will anyone really be interested in them?

How much has this crazy decision so far cost the MoD?

Al R
26th Oct 2010, 16:39
These (30 Gazelles) caught my eye the other day.

Welcome to MOD Sales Online - Military Vehicles for Sale - Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale - #29696 - Gazelle UNDER DEPOSIT - AH-1 Military Helicopters (http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,95,/29696/Gazelle_.htm)

airborne_artist
26th Oct 2010, 16:48
These (30 Gazelles) caught my eye the other day.

Almost impossible to get insured on an ex-mil one, and CAA will only put them on a permit, which limits things considerably.

XV277
28th Oct 2010, 16:55
I can see them going to J31 operators as spares sources; Unlikely to fly again I would think.

Hardly Worth it
31st Oct 2010, 18:54
What a crying shame ?

Rote_8
31st Oct 2010, 21:49
Unserviceable? I could swear it was a RN T Mk 3 I saw less than 2 months ago doing Low Level holding patterns / IP-Tgt runs about 1nm NE of Polzeath, Cornwall.
Does anyone know what aircraft that was? Unless it was a Blue Islands frame doing some ad-hoc sightseeing / training.
(It did not appear to be operating into/out of St.Mawgan-Newquay).

T3fan
1st Nov 2010, 11:04
Unserviceable? I swear they were perfectly serviceable when I flew them in to Cranwell 2 years ago.

Makes my bottom lip quiver just thinking about it!!

Dominator2
23rd Feb 2011, 17:09
The two remaining aircraft at Cranwell have been sold for a reported £150,000 with spares. They have been registered with the FAA and are being flown out soon. Apparently going to Bournmouth initally, after that don't know.

hunty
23rd Feb 2011, 19:35
Thats the Brits for you. We'll sell anything that's not nailed down

Hunty :=