PDA

View Full Version : How to log time on FNPT II as FI-IRI

Volorovescio
25th Oct 2010, 13:12
Do I have to file columns 9(IFR) - 10(INSTRUCTOR) and 11(STD) or 10 and 11 only?
Thanks in advance

BillieBob
25th Oct 2010, 14:04
You can log it any way you like - it cannot be counted towards any other qualifications and so it's just your personal record.

LEONIDA
25th Oct 2010, 14:55
ifr ...........

Whopity
25th Oct 2010, 18:39
As an Instructor, you are not flying anything under any conditions and the time counts for nothing other than hours worked for your employer.

Volorovescio
25th Oct 2010, 19:11
Does the IFR time on FNPT counts for IRI total time?

Whopity
26th Oct 2010, 08:03
JAR-FCL 1.080(iii) The holder of an instructor
rating may log as pilot-in-command all
flight time during which he acts as an
instructor in an aeroplane.He cannot log or claim anything in an FNPT!

Volorovescio
26th Oct 2010, 16:53
At the end. I am understanding that a flight instructor FI - IRI teaching on a FNPT II logs nothing.
Am I correct?
A friend of mine told me that he logs columns 10(instructor) and 11.
Little bit confused on this.

Whopity
26th Oct 2010, 19:08
Correct. The only STD time that you can log, is that conducted on an approved course of training. If you are teaching on a STD the time counts towards your "work time" but has no value with regard to "flight time" Effectively, you are a console operator.

DFC
26th Oct 2010, 23:38
A friend of mine told me that he logs columns 10(instructor) and 11.

Your friend is wrong.

Flight Instructor time is time when the holder was providing flight instruction i.e. in an aircraft.

Simulator time in the logbook is time during which the holder received training in an approved device.

Providing ground Instruction involving an FNPT 2 does not involve any flight time and no one (instructor or student) can log flight time in an FNPT 2.

You can complete 1000 hours teaching ground instruction using an FNPT 2 and not have a single flight instructor hour gained towards the instructor renewal.

Finally, if your friend produces their log book at an interview then it will be terminated since I don't know anyone who will employ a pilot who loggs IFR time without even being in an aircraft and does not realise it is illegal.

-------------

Just waiting for a logbook accompanied by "the powerpoint projector was foggy so I logged 5,000 hours IMC time while teaching air law" :rolleyes:

The student in the front row smoked a cigar. That must count for a CAT 3 landing every time I landed the chalk on the desk. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What does anyone think they will gain with anything more than 40 hours FNPT 2 as part of the IR course?

Oh, so you have 500 hours FNPT 2 time over 3 years. Just how much do you struggle with instrument flying? :E

Volorovescio
27th Oct 2010, 08:49
Now is clear:
Thank you guys.
:ok: