PDA

View Full Version : 1 Fmgs And Its Rnav Impact

FAITHFUL
25th Oct 2010, 03:23
According A320 Mmel , One Fmgc ( One Fms ) U/s Implies That The Fllight Remains Within Radio Aids Coverage (regardless The Installation Of Gps)
Does This Mean That The Flight Has To Remain Out Of Rnav Airspace I.e. Must Fly Conventional Routes?
\i Do Understand That This Mmel Does Not Include B-snag Impact On Rnav .also I Know That The Fcom States That One Rnav Sys ( One Fmgs With One Vor/dme Or With One Gps ( Required For Fms Update) Is Sufficient For Flying B-rnav In Europe.
Or Does This Mean That I Have To Check The All The Route Is Under Vor Signal Coverage By Roughly Dividing The Distance Between Any 2 Vor's By 120 Nm Or Use A More Specific Vor Equation Coverage According Fl But What About Environment ...
Sorry I Am Confused,pls Help

boredcounter
25th Oct 2010, 03:54
To me refers to the Master Minimum Equipment List, or builders MEL? What does your Company (approved) MEL state, taking into account any modifications? Sorry, not Airbus so no specific answer to your question.

BTW 220 NM between VORs in Europe, have a quick look at the charts before you do complex calculations, can't think of a problem there to be honest.

Best regards,

Bored

FAITHFUL
25th Oct 2010, 04:33
A-thks Boredcounter 4 Ur Fast Reply
Unfortunately Our Mel = Mmel In This Item
B-220 Nm Is Enough But What About Terrain Effect And Fl .
C-maybe One Fmgs Is Enough For Entering B-rnav Airspace
But Not Accepted In The Dispatch Phase
Thanks Borecounter