PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Groundschool FTO of importance for career?

jkveenstra
24th Oct 2010, 18:27
Recently I gained my PPL and I am thinking of moving forward to ATPL (doing ATPL Distance Learning first).

Some friends of mine are airline pilots and mentioned me that the FTO was of importance for their career. They did an integrated course and this would not be totally comparable with an modular approach.

Would it make a difference if I chose a well known FTO (like Oxford Aviation) over a less known FTO for a future career?

I'm well aware that I will never fly for major airlines (LH, KL, BA, etc.), since I'm too old (30). But I would like to fly commercially for smaller companies (even doing roundflights).

Thanks for your opinoions in advance.

Glugaball
25th Oct 2010, 11:00
I would hate to think that the FTO you attend will have an effect on your future career. To be honest i shouldn't think that it really matters, because at the end of the day, you as a modular student and a student from an integrated course (from a well known FTO) will have the same licenses and ratings. You both known how to pilot an Aircraft efficiently so therefore i don't see why airlines would look down upon you just because your FTO isn't as 'Flash' as the other well known ones.