PDA

View Full Version : BOURNEMOUTH Commercial Training UK ?????

benoit359
23rd Oct 2010, 18:31
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if someone went to this school for the CPL,IR to get some feedback.

The training period is quite short because the CPL ME is around 4 weeks and then the IR is around 5 weeks. This is what is mention in the brochure.

Is is a realistic time or is it completly false ????

I already build my hours so I have 170 hours.
Because if it's almost realistic, it means there is no problem to book a plane in there and also the same to pass your CPL so to find a examinator.

Thanks for all your feedback !!! :)

tompilot
24th Oct 2010, 01:53
I have just finished my groundschool there. Its a very friendly little school. That being said i am thinking about doing my flight training elsewhere as i think its a bit unorganized and rough round the edges. For me its either Oxford modular, CTC modular or BCFT... Can anyone HELP???

camel toe
24th Oct 2010, 10:27
So it appears BCFT haven't taken onboard the feedback they got re the flying side of things when I was there.

I did my groundschool with them and was happy with what I got, but while there I realised quite early on that the flying side of things were not as "slick" as the groundschool. I went and did my CPL and IR elsewhere.

My suggestion is to visit as many schools as possible so you can see for yourself.

No RYR for me
24th Oct 2010, 10:38
If you go to BOH you cant go wrong with PAT (Professional Air Training)". They have been around for years and are top quality.

2 Whites 2 Reds
24th Oct 2010, 12:36
PAT (Professional Air Training) are the one's to go with at Bournemouth. BCFT are a very friendly FTO (did my PPL with them), but can be a bit rough round the edges when it comes to the flying side. I still wouldn't discourage someone from going there but if you want the very highest standard of training PAT is the place to go. It won't necessarily come cheap but their pass rate speaks for itself. Did my CPL MEIR with them and no complaints at all. They gave me an excellent standard of training from which to build my career on.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

2W2R :ok:

GearDownFlaps
24th Oct 2010, 16:37
yep bcft for GS PAT for CPL/IR top notch

Snapper1959
24th Oct 2010, 19:49
I have to say that I agree with those who describe the flight training as "rough and ready around the edges". Friendly though most of the folks are, there was a real production line feel about the place with very little sense of training being tailored to individual needs. It's real sink or swim. I finished my IR elsewhere and passed the GFT at Cranfield first time.

benoit359
24th Oct 2010, 20:39
Thanks to all, so I'll check with PAT like some of you said that it's really professionnal.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. :ok:

To answer to this :

"""""""""I have just finished my groundschool there. Its a very friendly little school. That being said i am thinking about doing my flight training elsewhere as i think its a bit unorganized and rough round the edges. For me its either Oxford modular, CTC modular or BCFT... Can anyone HELP???""""""

I just started my GS at Oxford, and I don't recommend Oxford for the flight training for only one reason : the price. If paying is not a problem so that's ok but otherwise, I suggest you somewhere else.

The name of the modular course in OXFORD : WAYPOINT :

GOODYEARS 5 weeks
13 h of PA28WARRIOR
10 h PA 34 SENECA II
5 h simulator

+
OXFORD 12 weeks
35 h Simulator
20 h PA 34 SENECA II

+
MCC 2 weeks
25 h CRM Classroom
20 h B737-400 simulator

£ 28,500 + £ 3,700 + around 500 € for the VISA + Flight to GOODYEAR.

I really think that it's quite more expensive than in so many other places.

See you