PDA

View Full Version : India IR Flying on foreign CPL

Sarin
23rd Oct 2010, 11:17
Hey Guys,

I have a CAA CPL. I am coming next month to india to convert it into Indian CPL. I dont have a IR issue on my CPL. As the application process may take a month or two, cause I still have to do my Indian RTR and Class 1, I am thinking of doing IR in India.

My question is can I do Single Engine or Multi Engine IR hours (20 on aircraft + 20 on sim) in India without converting the license, then apply for CPL conversion with IR issue? Is it possible?

weapon-x
23rd Oct 2010, 15:45
dude this link has been posted many times on the forum ,,, just do the search before the posting any way here is the link :

Steps to Convert Foreign Pilot License To India - Indian Commercial Pilots Network (http://www.icpn.in/index.php?/topic/114-steps-to-convert-foreign-pilot-license-to-india/)

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 06:51
Thanks for the effort but that really wasnt my question. I already have all the documents according to the flow chart. I just want to know whether you can fly in India without an Indian License?

I only have CAA CPL with NO IR. So to get my class 1 and RTR done, its gonna take atleast 2 months. Am just wondering in the meantime can I do IR in india?

LOFT
24th Oct 2010, 07:25
Quote"I just want to know whether you can fly in India without an Indian License?"

Yes. you can fly in india with your CAA CPL.

"My question is can I do Single Engine or Multi Engine IR hours (20 on aircraft + 20 on sim) in India without converting the license, then apply for CPL conversion with IR issue? Is it possible?"

But have you thought of getting your indian CPL without an IR first, and then doing the IR from any indian flying club and getting it endorsed on your indian licence... will save you a lot of hassle and paperwork, it will be faster.

i suggest you this method because for getting an IR rating converted you need to have that rating on your CAA licence first. Since you dont have an IR rating on your CAA licence, even if you fly the required hours in india( which you can) you will have to get it first endorsed on your CAA licence and then apply for conversion.

i hope i have made the point clear. correct me if i am wrong.

Goodluckhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 07:36
Thank you again for the immediate reply.

At present, I am going to convert my Indian License First. But as the application will take roughly around 3 months, I was just trying to make good use of the time.

Ok here is what I am thinking, Come back to India, try and get RTR and Class 1 ( around 2 months), meanwhile in those 2 months, do IR flying.
Then submit application for CPL without IR. Once I get my Indian CPL License ( say another 2 months max, so 4 months in total ) , Apply for IR on Indian CPL. ( So while My cpl conversion is still in process, I do the required 40 hours in India).

Hope I dint make it too complicated. :O