PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Conversion Help!

Sarin
23rd Oct 2010, 09:46
Hey there,

I am wanting to convert my CAA License into Indian License. I had a query about the requirements for PIC flying in the preceding 6 months.
This term "preceding 6 months" means preceding 6 months from the date of application? For example if I submit my application on 10th january , then are the 10 days of January counted in the 6 months so the date of the preceding 6 month will be July 10?

Or all the months before january, i.e from July 1st to December 31st?

And I still have to get my class 1 medical and Indian RTR. Can anyone give me a rough idea as to how long these 2 things will take once I come back and apply for them?

And If my hours lapse, can I do the required hours in India?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

LOFT
24th Oct 2010, 07:09
Congratulations on your Commercial.

The recency is measured from the precise Date of Application, ie if you submit your papers on 10-11-2010, your recency for the past 6 months will be measured from 11-05-2010.

The class 1 medical will take 1 month (Also depends where you are doing it from, if you do it at Nanavati, Mumbai you will get the date within 2 weeks). All the test are usually completed within a day, and if passed you get a certificate of fitness ( CA 35) the same day. The DGCA medical certificate arrives in a month.

The latest RTR exam which you will be able to attempt is the December(13.12.2010) attempt, the last date for application is 13.11.2010.

Check out the links for further info on RTR:
WPC RTR(A) Examination Dates and Address for Year 2010 (http://www.aviatorcentral.net/wpc-rtr%28a%29-examination-dates-and-address-to-post-the-form-to-for-year-2010/wpc-rtr%28a%29-examination-dates-and-address-for-year-2010/)
and
www.wpc.dot.gov.in/

If your hours lapse, you will be able to do the recency in india, but it will be a costly affair, as you will have to pay the registration fees at most of the flying club, which is pretty randomly decided.

Goodluck:ok:

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 07:23
Thank you soo much for all the help! Its a relief to know that Class 1 dates can be obtained within a month at times. Because most of the people I meet, they say 2 months on an average. I am going to try in every possible centre. Might get lucky.

And about RTR, do I really need to do the exam? Because I have foreign FRTO from the same authority that issued by CPL. As long as its from the same authority, I think we can convert it straightaway without giving any exams. Only for renewal, one has to give the part 1 exam.

And if possible, can you help me with this question aswel

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/431525-india-ir-flying-foreign-cpl.html

Will be a great help.

Thanks again.

LOFT
24th Oct 2010, 07:42
If you have the FRTOL and CPL from the same ICAO country you can directly apply for getting your Indian RTR. Since you meet the requirements you will have to submit your papers at the WPC headquarters in Delhi (Direct conversion is not done anywhere else in the country). It will take maximum of 45 days to get your indian RTR after submission date.

The directly converted RTR licence is issued for a validity of 20 years.

I suggest you apply for direct conversion, but also attempt the RTR Full exam in Dec. If you pass this exam you will be issued an RTR valid for lifetime and you will circumvent the need of keeping your CAA CPL and RTR current.

Goodluck:ok:

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 08:01
The WPC website is down again like most of the times. I will try to access it again later. Do they have the same form for conversion? Or its a different form?

Yea I'll definitely try to get the lifetime one. Would save me a lot of hassle in the future as I am sure DGCA will never be an easy ride.

Sarin
24th Oct 2010, 20:21
Hey LOFT,

You know how we have to submit CA-39 form and CA-40 forms for general day and night test? Do we need that on the school's letterhead? or just the actual forms from the DGCA website and signed and stamped by the CFI?

LOFT
25th Oct 2010, 08:59
All your documents should be on the Letterhead of the School (including ca 39 and 40).

pilotm1
26th Oct 2010, 14:29
Hi Sarin,LOFT,
Sarin this is concerning your RT.Even I have a CAA CPL from New Zealand.
I have got my Indian RT licence recenty(valid for 20 yrs):)..I had directly applied for the Licence conversion and did not appear for the RT exam.
I think even you can directly convert your foreign CAA RT to Indian RT,but as LOFT said you should even apply for the exam.
It normally takes them 1.5 to 2.5 months to process the application for Indian RT.
I got mine in 2.5 months:sad:.
AND the CA39 document should be fine(am not very sure) :confused:on a normal white paper instead of the flying schools letterhead only if it is duly attested by the CFI and has the schools seal on it.

Sarin
26th Oct 2010, 23:29
@Pilotm1 - Thanks mate. Such a relief to be sure that it can be directly converted. As I will be waiting for 2 months for the RT, I might aswel do the exams to get it safe for lifetime.

And last question, those CA 39 AND 40 forms, do they have to be hand written? or printed? or anything will do as long as it has the stamp on it ?

pilotm1
27th Oct 2010, 16:08
Hello Sarin,
I am not very sure:hmm:,about CA39 form being hand written as I had got mine printed,,,but confirm from a few people regarding it and even let me know but be sure about the documents you get back to India......
tc