PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a airline pilot in Ireland

Johnny455
22nd Oct 2010, 18:25
I am in Secondary School and when i finish school i am interested in becoming an airline pilot. i am wondering about where i can do the courses, the costs and how long will it take

IrishJason
26th Oct 2010, 12:33
About 60k at atlantic air in cork, Then if you manage that about another 30k too ryanair for the job itself. You sir must do alot of research :)

Aerouk
26th Oct 2010, 13:21
SoCal App,

Do they not teach you some manners as well? The posters a school kid, relax.

Johnny,

There's a large post at the top of this section with all of the information you require:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html

AOB9
28th Oct 2010, 17:13
I just started the PPL with Atlantic in Cork. It will cost over 10K if I manage to do it in the minimum 45 hrs, which is highly unlikely. This will be an expensive undertaking for you but if you get started while you're young (I'm not!) you will probably get the chance to earn your money back. Good luck with it.
As others have already said you need to do some research. Flying is a passion, not for the "half-hearted".

BTW, find out NOW if you are colour blind (deficient) as it can be a potential problem, particularly for commercial pilots.