PDA

View Full Version : West Atlantic leasing 3 new A320F's

soupbowl
21st Oct 2010, 20:50
Anybody knows if this is true? I found this link on the web: AUTO-MOBI.info - West Atlantic to Lease First Converted Airbus A320 Freighter Aircraft From AerCap (http://www.auto-mobi.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77590&Itemid=56)

soupbowl

argon18
22nd Oct 2010, 19:52
Yes, it's true.

Atlantic_Conveyor
23rd Oct 2010, 14:56
Oh yeah, it's 100% true, a cast iron agreement "subject to finalization of terms and conditions." Not exactly firm stuff and not going to happen for several years. The machines are due on the LX, AOC if it ever happens and I'd bet it won't. I'm sure we'd all love to fly it though (even if we need our line training extended "a bit"). Remember it's not the first time the company has leased big stuff and when there was a TU-204 flying for us, how close did anyone get to that?

Oh, and what posessed them to call it the A320 P2F. Does that mean that if I do want to Pay 2 Fly the thing I have to go through some shadowy agency in Nigeria?

Let's hope it's not another repeat of the debacle when the "Seneca's," were introduced.

Ma. Bates
27th Oct 2010, 11:37
update; A320 pay 2 fly on the LUX AOC and B734 on the UK... Only to be flown by the 188Sq