PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on ATPL General Navigation?

AlexanderH
20th Oct 2010, 15:08
Hi all,

I'm struggling somewhat with General Navigation. Some parts are ok but others seem impossible to understand. Any advice on the best way to get through this module? I know this question has been asked before but I thought I might ask anyway.

Cheers for any help.

jfkjohan
22nd Oct 2010, 16:13
Which parts do you need help in? I've done all my ATPL papers as well and am only left with GEN NAV for my CAA UK ATPLs. Am in Malaysia though. Let me see where I can help you, but I too am looking for help on this subject!

I guess i'm pretty okay with most of everything except the Polar Stereographic bits and the INS positioning bits.

Back to the books for me!

Keep me posted if you get any links online etc - Peace.

JFK

benjamin.dordoigne
24th Oct 2010, 20:45
Hi there,

These guys have a general nav section that might be of use to you?

ATPL Advice | Simple Information (http://atpladvice.netau.net/)

AlexanderH
31st Oct 2010, 16:04
Anyone who did the Bristol.gs course find the progress tests harder than the actual exams?

UAV689
31st Oct 2010, 20:35
Learn your whizz wheel inside out, must be 50% of the marks based on this.

Wellsam
31st Oct 2010, 23:03
Am doing Oz Nav ATPL at present and finally know what all the weird looking info on the wizz wheel does rather than looking like an alien language it all makes sense now. Except one thing i cant seem to find is the wind speed when working out what direction the wind is coming from in flight. Am fine with finding ETAS and drift and X/W componant, head or tail wind and wind direction but cant seem to figure out how you get the wind speed from that info. eg 90kts right X/W and 20Kt HW. What happens next???

Also has anyone done the exam in Oz recently. How many PSD, CP and great circle questions are there and what were the main tough bits in he exam??? Cheers. Adrian