PDA

View Full Version : CAO

Impress to inflate
19th Oct 2010, 11:12
Please don't shout at me and give me a bollocking but i need some help.

I have had a CAO for over three years now and have an up date service as well but I think I have a problem.

Can one of you kind ladies or gents tell me what "numbers" should be in it. I have just done the up dates and it says to remove 95.2 which I have. My CAO seems over full. I have have section 20.2, 20.3, 20.4 etc

If one of you kind people out there could help I would be grateful

Many Thanks

ITI :ok:

Bleve
19th Oct 2010, 11:41
This link is a pdf of current CAOs:

http://casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/orders/caochecklist.pdf

and this is an online source of all current CAOs:

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs) (http://casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_91044)

MakeItHappenCaptain
19th Oct 2010, 12:45
The multi-crew pilot license in Part 40 consists of a couple of hundred pages on its own. That part alone burst the seams.

MyNameIsIs
19th Oct 2010, 13:33
The multi-crew pilot license in Part 40 consists of a couple of hundred pages on its own. That part alone burst the seams.

True indeed.
I had the MPL section in my CAOs for 5 minutes. Removed them and put them aside. I think I have since thrown them out, doubtful I will ever need to have the info that handy.

If you do have the MPL section in there, which is probbly the case as you say your's is "over full", just remove it.

Airservices should have issued us with new binders, like they should for DAP East. But no, that involves a bit of extra effort and money that we have "not" outlaid. Pretty poor to be honest.

ReverseFlight
19th Oct 2010, 14:41
I had the MPL section in my CAOs for 5 minutes.

In my case, I didn't even bother right from Day One. I had doubts whether it was worth the paper it was printed on. :}

Impress to inflate
21st Oct 2010, 10:10
Many thanks for all your help, the MLP section makes sense.

ITI