PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate...

G_Orwell
18th Oct 2010, 23:25
...the bended bases of containers, that make light containers hard to slide.
Rusty floors that make friction your worst nightmare!

Used to be a loader at an international airport, but I still remember vividly these "happy" moments!!

Please add to the list of HATE

nitro rig driver
19th Oct 2010, 11:31
Load masters complaining to engineers that
bent containers won't load properly ! 

CargoMatatu
19th Oct 2010, 11:42
Engineers and Loaders complaining about Loadmasters! :}

Binthere
19th Oct 2010, 15:58
Whining loaders.....

nitro rig driver
19th Oct 2010, 17:25
Pilots complaining the coffee pot is cold when they arrive at the plane :mad:

Nick Thomas
20th Oct 2010, 00:19
Eric Blair

theloady
21st Oct 2010, 12:37
...hate...

1 Kandahar AB

2 Bagram AB

3 Kabul AB

no need to add extras..

Ex Cargo Clown
21st Oct 2010, 13:17
G-BNWH

The worlds worst aircraft. Rollers never worked, and on occasions blew CBs.

Aircraft was a mess, doing MAN-JFK constantly, the amount of Perishable freight that got wrecked by that beast was unbelievable.

Binthere
21st Oct 2010, 14:43
A300B4 - pushing pallets up the hill.

G&T ice n slice
21st Oct 2010, 16:20
The containers are bent because some a-holes lift them with fork-lifts. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

Ha!! just handling them with f-lifts, that's nowt. Sitting as pax just forward of the wing (on a DC10) during an intermediate stop in Dhahran I watched them offload a pallet using one of those big 20+ tonne type f-lifts lifted it up to clear the floor, then reversed & dragged the top of the load along the bottom edge of the door and when it was just clear there was an almighty "BANG!" and the pallet folded down where the end of the fingers of the f-lift blades weren't reaching and the whole load cascaded to the floor, luckily missing the aircraft.

Gosh they then managed to find a hilo...

30 minute delay whilst door, floor etc inspected and then transited to final stop (Abu Dhabi) at (Captain's quote) "lower than normal height."

what fun

Anilv
1st Nov 2010, 03:00
..or lack of..

Had to retrieve my walky-talky from the 'bilge' a few times, My airport ID too..remember when they only clipped to you shirt? I've lost count of the number of pens I've dropped down there.

Also the pallet locks in the rear when you had to change the pallet combination... the 'ears' of the lock release would usually be gone and you had to have a pair of pliers with you to grip the remnants of the release.

The container stops and stack loading were good...fast loading with just one guy on the loader. Wayyyyyyyyy better than the shuttle bar crap on some DC10s.

Talking about DC10s, I used to open the bulk compartment door by standing on the belt loader, the height of the switch meant the loader had to be almost at door level to operate it, you then had to twist your body away as it opened. Closing it was the same but you had to remember not to hold the edge of the door!

Anil

superspotter
1st Nov 2010, 09:33
.......when the mechanic tries to tell the Loadmaster his job :(

Flightmech
1st Nov 2010, 09:52
when the loadmaster tries to tell the engineer how to fix the autopilot:)

and whats wrong with Bagram AB??

superspotter
1st Nov 2010, 09:55
Nowt wrong with Bagram or Kandahar or Kabul IMHO, loved 'em. Mind you, might have a different opinion if I was shot at :sad:

Flightmech
1st Nov 2010, 09:55
Oh, one more (The Biggy)

BAA Security at STN:(

superspotter
1st Nov 2010, 09:58
I have been fortunate enough to have only suffered the indignity of the security at STN only once, that was enough.

mtogw
2nd Nov 2010, 09:11
I remember when we used to have a card to open the barrier ourselves to drive onto the taxiway, call the tower and cross the runway to get to the passenger aircraft at Stansted,
Can't remember security then at all !!!
Happy days....

grounded27
3rd Nov 2010, 02:00
The un greatfull, self inflated ,,,, well carry on from this...

CargoMatatu
3rd Nov 2010, 08:03
... sitting in front of a pc screen for an I.T. company after nearly thirty years of glorious flying and tramping! :{

boeingbus2002
3rd Nov 2010, 14:43
..dreaming about when you will get that break flying...go to turnaround a flight and notice on the GD a First Officer who is 10 years younger...:ugh: not that I'm bitter

error_401
3rd Nov 2010, 20:49
when the broom which normally was in our ATR42-cargo hold was gone and a ton of crap accumulated in front of the cockpit.

grounded27
4th Nov 2010, 02:50
.......when the mechanic tries to tell the Loadmaster his job

Man I was allways the fltmech watching the load while the loadmaster was calculating, and likewise I allways had a flashlight holder while I was fixing our ride.

superspotter
4th Nov 2010, 09:20
Man I was allways the fltmech watching the load while the loadmaster was calculating, and likewise I allways had a flashlight holder while I was fixing our ride.
Yes, granted, for every good symbiotic flightmec/LM relationship on the aircraft, there is always one where, for want of a better phrase, there is a "clash of personalities" :*
When I posted that, I had one particularly obnoxious Mechanic in mind. Quite adept at trying to tell me where I was going wrong but but if he was needed, he was to be found utilising himself as a wheelchock, taking in the rays :=