PDA

View Full Version : cancelled easyjet EZS8576 LGW>GVA 14 July

alanda
18th Oct 2010, 07:23
I have an ongoing problem with easyJet following the cancellation of this flight, mainly because (a) as a result of false information given to me at the time re the options open to me for rebooking, I incurred much expense getting to GVA and (b) the airline finds it all too easy to get out of paying statutary compensation by blaming met conditions without providing any details. Conditions at both Geneva and Gatwick were absolutely fine. Does anyone know of any met factors which might genuinely have affected this flight, e.g. was the arrival of the aircraft at Gatwick delayed by bad met conditions elsewhere earlier in the day?

ExXB
18th Oct 2010, 09:29
The Swiss NEB may be able to help you:

Office Fédéral de l'Aviation Civile CH – 3003 BERNE
Tel. : +41 31 325 80 39/40 Fax : +41 31 325 80 32 [email protected]

According to agreed procedures between the 30 NEBs inquires are first to be made with the NEB on whose soil the incident occurred. If you prefer the NEB of the country you live to handle you can request that your file be transferred to that jurisdiction (but you have to start with the Swiss, in this case)

A full list of the NEBs can be found here. (http://ec.europa.eu/transport/passengers/air/doc/2004_261_national_enforcement_bodies.pdf)

Gerontocrat
20th Oct 2010, 08:23
My son is having the same problem following the cancellation of, I think, the same flight number on 20 July. He, and others, were told at LGW that if they accepted a re-book on 21 July to ZRH, then Easy would refund the cost of the train fare to GVA. The option, if they wanted to fly LGW-GVA was a further two days delay! So a number of people on that flight went with the ZRH flight.
My son has submitted the receipt but has heard nothing more, despite repeated further requests. Since he is a student, he could well do with recouping the CHF90, or so, he paid!

alanda
28th Oct 2010, 18:36
Thanks ExXb; I'm having a go with the Swiss NEB. My first letter to easyJet at Luton produced a standard useless reply by email. A wrote a second but, like the claim by Gerontocrat's son, it's been ignored. Looking at other threads, I see that some people do manage to get compensation out of the airline, but Gatwick is a special nightmare of discourtesy. Never again; I've gone back to driving to and from the UK - expensive but civilised - and restricting my flying to single-engined stuff with fabric wings...

alanda
13th Dec 2010, 05:51
Did you have any luck getting a refund? In the end I managed to get the cost of returning from GB to Geneva by train refunded in November, but emailing got me nowhere; in the end it took two snailmail letters to Luton to do the trick. Incidentally, I read on the Inside Traveller blog that if you take out a small claim against easyJet it is unlikely that they would defend the case. I have recently received an email from someone saying that he did that successfully.

Gerontocrat
13th Dec 2010, 18:13
Thanks Alanda, I'll pass that on to my son, who still has heard nothing from Easy.