PDA

View Full Version : I would like some help choosing a flight school in the Brisbane area

VVings
18th Oct 2010, 06:43
Hi everyone.

I have been nosing around the forum for quite a while and finally decided to register. I am nearly 17 and have nearly finished grade 12. For quite a while now I have wanted to pursue a career as a pilot. I have had a look around a couple of flight schools, two at Redcliffe and one at Caloundra and they all look really good.

I was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with flight schools in the Redcliffe and Caloundra area and could voice their opinions.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Frenchmann
23rd Oct 2010, 10:17
Attained my ppl through Redcliffe aero Club late last year.

Transferred from FTA just before it went belly up.

Fantastic club to learn to fly, very personnal and the instructors genuinely care about your flight training.

Aircraft are decent, with 2x172 glass cockpit 2005 and 2007 from memory plus a few more.

Only advice is get your bookings in. It's a small club so it can get very busy.

Another option which I would of gone for if I was eligable for HECS payment is the course offered out of Griffith university at Mount gravatt campus. Saves you spending your own cash if you don't have it readily available. From memory they conduct training from the Royal Queensland Aero Club at YBAF.

Hope that helps.