PDA

View Full Version : Who's starting to hire?

ToiletDucky
17th Oct 2010, 21:29
I'm looking at doing some ACMI flying. I've been interested in it for a while and not too sure about the stability of where I currently fly. I think ACMI would be a good move for my overall career and I don't mind traveling. Anyone know who's looking to hire?

5,500TT with about 3500 SIC jet 121 (ERJ), 350 twin T pic(part 91), and a longing to get out of here. All ratings are FAA. Any ideas? I'm looking to make a move and very serious about it.

unwashed
18th Oct 2010, 00:51
Kalitta, Southern, Atlas.

ToiletDucky
19th Oct 2010, 22:35
Awesome. Anyone from there feel like getting to know me :D

3pointlanding
20th Oct 2010, 12:40
Then again if you want to work for a first class outfit wait a little bit longer and try FedEx, but you better know someone to get an interview

SNS3Guppy
20th Oct 2010, 14:13
Evergreen is very short of crews. Kalitta is hiring, but most of those being hired have substantial experience. Atlas is advertising.

Denti
20th Oct 2010, 14:45
Lufthansa Cargo is hiring, so is Aerologic and as far as i know Air Cargo Germany is still in the process of selecting a few bums for their seats.

EAM
20th Oct 2010, 16:20
For LH Cargo as well as for Aerologic you need a JAR FCL and to be fluent in german. Both do scheduled flights anyway and no ACMI.

ToiletDucky
21st Oct 2010, 15:29
I only have FAA ratings. So that's kind of an issue but thanks for the advice guys!

atpcliff
21st Oct 2010, 18:21
H!

Atlas is planning on resuming hiring (lots of it) in Mar/Apr of 2011. Centurion (KMIA MD-11s, planning on 747.400s) will start hiring a lot in Nov, 2010. Evergreen is hiring a lot....easier to get into than Kalitta. Southern (747-200s, -777s) is hiring. World should be hiring soon. National (in KYIP) is hiring, but I think experienced only.

SWA/AirTran will begin hiring again soon. Spirit just recalled all their pilots and will need new hires shortly. I think CAL/UAL will begin hiring as soon as their merger is organized.

cliff
MIA

PilotMikeTx
2nd Nov 2010, 20:26
Spirit is advertising now.

SWA has started re-interviewing poolies.

An FO at a friend's regional just got hired at Omni.

My app is in at about a half-dozen ACMI carriers. Trying to pull some strings to get a phone call...

turbine100
5th Nov 2010, 22:54
Is it likely any cargo operators will recruit less experienced pilots with JAA licenses soon?

Interested in joining a cargo operator

grounded27
6th Nov 2010, 03:56
Hey, when these guys are hiring, it is good news for the econemy.Globally.

atpcliff
6th Nov 2010, 17:48
Hi!

Atlas just added a new-hire class in Dec. Southern's customers are asking them for more aicraft.

cliff
LGG

JCUERVO
6th Nov 2010, 18:25
Great news! Applied at Atlas and a few other ACMI carriers...What are the numbers Atlas and World are looking to hire in 2011? Im currently flying for Qatar on the 320 (3500TT, 2700 turbine,121 and foreign experience) is this competetive?

atpcliff
6th Nov 2010, 20:23
Hi!

How much Jet PIC? Turboprop PIC? Heavy time? Glass time?

Your other numbers look OK...definitely meet the mins and good idea to apply if u r interested. And, so you know, Atlas is expanding their passenger flying as much as possible.

cliff
LGG

JCUERVO
6th Nov 2010, 22:31
Well no PIC jet time...no heavy, 1100hrs A320...2700 glass...

Did apply directly and through a few friends (3rd party) starting in July, really looking foward to something happening!

Fr8Dog
6th Nov 2010, 22:52
atpcliff

How much Jet PIC? Turboprop PIC? Heavy time? Glass time?

Your other numbers look OK...definitely meet the mins and good idea to apply if u r interested. And, so you know, Atlas is expanding their passenger flying as much as possible.
cliff
LGG

I find it amazing that you have been here what 2 months? And you are a G.D. expert on what is going on at Atlas. I have been here over 12 years and I can tell you for a fact, that what you hear in the crystal palace is mostly B.S. and rumors only.

Mellow out, you are a FNG here!

FR8

SassyPilotsWife
7th Nov 2010, 06:22
... handing Fr8 a Xanax :zzz: relax sugah.

JCUERVO
7th Nov 2010, 07:14
Just looking for info guys and girls, not really interested in who's the FNG or Geriatric pilot...ANY info and point of view is worth it and highly appreciated...my patience with dealing with the BS in the M.E. (specifically Qatar) is pretty much non existant and the next move I make im hopeing will be the long term choice I want!

So Fr8, any info on hiring/expansion/ etc and your view?

Fr8Dog
7th Nov 2010, 10:47
I will defer to the FNG that is obviously the expert here, he has always been so verbal on this site. Bad mouthed and bitched about Atlas until he got on here, sure can't wait for our first flight together as my F/O. Or to the frustrated MidEx wife that also seems to know what is going on at Atlas. You enjoy the sand box this last summer darlin'?

I should know better than to look at these sites, all they do is raise my blood pressure.

:ugh:

FR8

SassyPilotsWife
8th Nov 2010, 11:02
Fr8,

Were you drunk or hypoxic when you wrote that ? I've never commented or made any statements on Atlas PERIOD. My only experience with Atlas was last year when they went above and beyond to take care of a former crew member and my very good friend, his wife.

Frustrated ? Hardly. I'm occupying your head rent free, It's actually kinda fun :p

My summer was phenomenal. When you coming to visit ? We'd love to have ya. Bring Mrs. Fr8 :)

WrldWide
8th Nov 2010, 22:19
I will defer to the FNG that is obviously the expert here, he has always been so verbal on this site. Bad mouthed and bitched about Atlas until he got on here, sure can't wait for our first flight together as my F/O. Or to the frustrated MidEx wife that also seems to know what is going on at Atlas. You enjoy the sand box this last summer darlin'?

I should know better than to look at these sites, all they do is raise my blood pressure.

FR8
do everyone a favour and STFU.

filejw
8th Nov 2010, 23:43
Dog , being the same age as you I must say if things as little as some guy trying to help another get a job bothers you in any way, it may time to head for the rocking chair before you stroke out.

Fr8Dog
9th Nov 2010, 12:44
filejw
Dog , being the same age as you I must say if things as little as some guy trying to help another get a job bothers you in any way, it may time to head for the rocking chair before you stroke out.

I have no problem with someone helping out a fellow aviator. I have sent many a co-pilot to the majors over the years, and helped a few get hired on here as well. What I do have a problem with is, someone that has been here all of a couple of weeks passing on information that is just pure gossip and speculation as fact. I know this is the Professional Pilot RUMOUR network but...Over the years we have had a couple of guys that get here and within a couple of weeks everyone is talking about the guy like, who the F**k is this new guy that knows all the answers when he isn't even out of IOE. You want to join that club Mr. Cliff, be my guest.

Mr. Wrldwide if you use the wrap quote icon in the top of the block it works much better and you will look like you know what you are doing. Other than that,
SIUYA!

ElectricWhale
22nd Apr 2011, 12:38
Well, speaking from 22 years of 121 experience, typically the new hire guys have a much better grip on what is happening with the hiring process than the crusty old codgers do.

In fact, the posts of the new guys here have been accurate and much more helpful than the cussing rants of a bitter old pilot.

Hope I never end up in the cockpit with you. I'll bet CRM just sucks in that environment.

EW

BandAide
22nd Apr 2011, 22:41
Partly because of the dearth of hiring over the past decade, the heavy jet pilot demographic is skewed with a large number of mostly senior pilots approaching or over 60. No one knows yet how long they're going to stick around, but I suspect a large number, thousands in fact, are going to punch at 62.

Because of their general seniority, the openings they generate are likely to create movement and opportunity that we haven't had in some time.

I recommend attending job fairs if you can. I've known a lot of pilots hired that way. Also tap your personal network for recommends.

I'm quite confident the next ten years will be much better than the last ten. Stay optimistic, keep current and build time, especially PIC time and you'll find that job you want. Good luck!

flysd
24th Apr 2011, 05:50
Is Atlas looking for Jet PIC? I know they don't advertise that on the requirements.
Are people getting hired without jet PIC?

ElectricWhale
30th Apr 2011, 05:49
TURBINE PIC required.
I don't believe they interview without.
That said, things could change.
Most important thing would be to get an internal recommendation.

Don't mean to steer you away from PPRN but there's over 150 pages on Atlas over at:

Airline Pilot Central Forums (http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/hiring-news/51254-atlas-air-hiring.html)

Good Luck!

EW

cargo1
3rd May 2011, 20:08
TNT | Global Air Network : External Crew (http://www.tntairways.com/102_External+Crew.html)

jetlaghawaii
12th May 2011, 00:39
Note to self:

-Stay on the B744 as to minimize the chance of ever having to fly with
Capt B742 Fr8Dog....!!!!