PDA

View Full Version : Good dit today on the Express

VinRouge
17th Oct 2010, 08:36
Doff my cap to the individuals flying wokkas and Merlin over in Afghan...

Is this the first possible DFC Recorded whilst it happened?

Edit:Link to article:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: VIDEO: Day RAF Chinook hero saved my life (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/205826/VIDEO-Day-RAF-Chinook-hero-saved-my-life)

Al R
17th Oct 2010, 09:04
I like Mike Brewer. More than that, a good piece too.

Navy_Adversary
17th Oct 2010, 09:17
Thanks for the link VR, a big well done to all concerned and of course good old Bravo November.

The full programme is on Discovery channel Monday 25th at 10pm BST, no doubt there will be plenty of repeats if you cannot view it then.

Faithless
17th Oct 2010, 10:59
F@*@*$g Hell, take my hat off to them all. Well done:D:D:D:D

More compelling stories from the frontline and more hard evidence that our service people should be paid like footballers:ok:

Chugalug2
17th Oct 2010, 11:27
Big man that Brewer guy, in every sense of the word, along with everyone else in BN that day! Well done guys, much respect! When BN is finally pensioned off it just has to be preserved in one form or another, flying would be nice but pride of place at Hendon at least in my book. I rather suspect though it will be called upon to go on earning its shilling for a few more years yet and no doubt adding more to its renown in doing so.

c130jbloke
17th Oct 2010, 12:07
I hope that when the day finally comes, BN will go to either the RAF or IWM museum as that aircraft has too much history to be simply consigned to the scrap heap.

billynospares
17th Oct 2010, 13:26
What a top film. Great work by everyone involved in that every day. What can i say proud and humbled by it :D

Motleycallsign
17th Oct 2010, 17:28
BN brings them home again eh!

Well done to all the crew from an ex chinnie crewman.

endplay
17th Oct 2010, 18:28
BZ BN (and all involved)

taxydual
17th Oct 2010, 18:42
Aye, BN (and her crew) come through again. It's been 28 years since she flew me. I've often wondered if any of the 'original' parts of BN are still attached to her.

She must be like Trigger's Brush. 'It's had 5 heads and 3 handles, but it's still my first brush'.

A legend.

Toddington Ted
17th Oct 2010, 18:52
Absolutely amazing! Utter respect for all our folks out there.

Green Bottle 2
17th Oct 2010, 18:57
So BN now clocks up 3 DFCs - Dick Langworthy, Steve Carr and now Ian Fortune.

Respect to all of them.

ralphmalph
17th Oct 2010, 19:57
Good story, however...I'm pretty sure that if I was flying and got shot. I would give the controls to the other guy and let him fly it back.

You never know what has happened to you...

If it happened in my cab and I was NHP I'd be "screw the nut mate, I have control...chill out and sort yourself out!"

Just my opinion

Ralph

Jabba_TG12
18th Oct 2010, 08:00
"I hope that when the day finally comes, BN will go to either the RAF or IWM museum as that aircraft has too much history to be simply consigned to the scrap heap."

+1 :ok:

Rakshasa
18th Oct 2010, 08:25
I hope that when the day finally comes, BN will go to either the RAF or IWM museum as that aircraft has too much history to be simply consigned to the scrap heap.

If they've got any sense, when they put her in the museum, they'll also paint an LS&GC ribbon on her nose.

Climebear
18th Oct 2010, 08:34
Now there's a challenge to the Chinook paint bay - a small row of ribbons showing BN's campaigns, LSGCM (and no doubt a MSM) Golden Jubilee medal - as well as the handful of DFCs and any other op honours won by the aircrew she carried.

teeteringhead
18th Oct 2010, 12:24
Climebear - the rosettes (S Atlantic, 1st Gulf and maybe ACSM) might be tricky, but what a great idea! :ok: