PDA

View Full Version : Fr8 Crew stay at AMS Airport Hotel

BillytheKid
17th Oct 2010, 06:02
You have got to be kidding me! We go from staying in the Hague where there is stuff to do and instead have to stay at the airport? It's a 55 hour layover!!! Thanks to those of you who thought the Novotel was so awful that you went to mgmt and had this "fixed."

Capetonian
17th Oct 2010, 09:23
From Schiphol you can get to Amsterdam, Leiden, Rotterdam, den Haag, and Haarlem pretty quickly and easily by train or bus. I agree that there is nothing much to do in the immediate vicinity of the airport, I've spent a great deal of time in airport hotels there, but it's a good base for going to other places.

geh065
17th Oct 2010, 15:18
You can always take up plane spotting! :E

17th Oct 2010, 17:45
The general demise of our hotel quality level is a more and more serious issue.
We must have one of the lowest standards of all major airlines by now..:(:(:(

jacobus
18th Oct 2010, 02:34
Aside from the usual , justified, gripes about airport hotels, The SPL hotel (a Sheraton) is leaps of ahead of that sh@thole in Den Haag, and the quality of the fittings, the beds etc are fantastic. .Capetownian is right..take the train anywhere, Arnhem for the day out., (visit the Commonwealth War Graves site, the Hartenstein Hotel, {Bridge Too Far etc}), take the train to Utrecht, and you're downtown in 20 minutes.etc.etc.. the world is your lobster.. Frankly I'm envious you guys are staying there, and the sooner the pax patterns move there the better.

parabellum
18th Oct 2010, 04:59
If you are just after a few good beers and some decent food you are a very short distance from the town centre of Hoofddorp, and yes, the Sheraton is quite a smart pub.

But Mrs P, (who is Dutch), says check out Haarlem, a beautiful old city but with all the modern forms of eating, drinking and entertainment. Check with the concierge at the hotel as there are several 'quick' busses that will cover the short journey in no time at all. When you get to Haarlem head for the Grote Markt to start with, you can't miss it, there is a huge cathedral there too.

BillytheKid
18th Oct 2010, 20:10
But Mrs P, (who is Dutch), says check out Haarlem, a beautiful old city but with all the modern forms of eating, drinking and entertainment. Check with the concierge at the hotel as there are several 'quick' busses that will cover the short journey in no time at all. When you get to Haarlem head for the Grote Markt to start with, you can't miss it, there is a huge cathedral there too.

Really? I was going to go there last time, but one of the "locals" said it was a waste of time.

411A
19th Oct 2010, 06:27
Really?

Yes, really, check it out for yourself.

gipilot
19th Oct 2010, 10:14
oops,

Just heard that the Emirati Gals stay there as well.

duyentranvan
19th Oct 2010, 13:28
watch pay per view in the room... they have awesome stuff on those channels