PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye PPRuNe - Iv'e had enough

Guptar
17th Oct 2010, 01:25
Well folks, its time to end my association with a once great web site.

The last thread i started barely lasted 2 hrs before being removed.

PPRuNe can no longer be trusted as a robust discussion site where the truth can be put forward. Its now in the hands of vested interests. Many in the industry have come to the same conclusion and are no longer readers.

Damn shame really, this used to be such a great site where I amd many learned about the vagaries of this industry. But now it cannot be trusted to put forward the real and genuine side....aka the truth.

Goodbye and safe flying.

Yeti Breath
17th Oct 2010, 04:41
Bye bye........

The Green Goblin
17th Oct 2010, 04:45
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Guptar or Gutless? :cool:

Sonny Hammond
17th Oct 2010, 05:04
Robust, well thought out responses.

The kind of thing we've grown to accept on this bulletin board and also the type of attitude australians are known for around the world.

green goblin and yeti breathe, good work.

multime
17th Oct 2010, 05:10
Perhaps rephrase your threads.? And or choice of words.? There are many hidden agenda,s in Prune and in this world.
Toughen up Princess.:E

PittsS2A
17th Oct 2010, 05:18
Precisely why the industry is screwed, its full of people with no backbone who would rather roll over and take it in the back passage than stand united and hit management types where it hurts !

gupta
17th Oct 2010, 06:07
Just in case there's any confusion:

I'm still here & staying

Cheers

The original (and only)

Gupta

psycho joe
17th Oct 2010, 07:04
Are you by any chance John Farnham?

The Green Goblin
17th Oct 2010, 07:05
attitude australians are known for around the world.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

As for you Americans, well.......... :D

Pandoras box shall remain closed on this particular occasion :cool:

Howard Hughes
17th Oct 2010, 07:49
Are you by any chance John Farnham?
Let's wait until he has walked out and returned three or four times, before we jump to conclusions...;)

geeup
17th Oct 2010, 08:27
Arrghhhaa some one make a "Best of CD" I'd buy it!

Howard Hughes
17th Oct 2010, 08:34
Will 'going, going, gone' be on the best of?:E

wombat_keeper
17th Oct 2010, 09:39
Guptar i don't know you from a sack of sh#t.

However i agree whole hartedly with your reasoning on the state of this site.
Its more than time for me to pull the pin on visiting this bitch racket too , Believe it or not unlike a good percentage of the regular site users ( who probably have more posts to their name than hours in their log books), I have better things to do with my time.
This forum is MODERATED mainly by GA industry never willbee's who not only have vested intrest's but have too much down time because commercial pilots by nature are VERY poor business people.
The state of Australia's Aviation industry is a direct result of PISSANT COMMERCIAL PILOTS not standing up to....

CASA, AIRSERVICES VARIOUS OTHER LOCAL AND FEDRAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS -- not to mention their own so called employers.
Working for bugger all and cutting each others throats for the god almighty step up the ladder and not being a highly unionised profession ( particually at the a*se end of the food chain has left you IDIOTS fighting for not only a reasonable wage but for THE RIGHT TO WORK IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.
You clowns are the laughing stock of all unionised industries in this country and frankly listening to the LOSER TALK I hear on here I feel many of you deserve it - people in any industry tend to get out what they put in but not COMMERCIAL PILOTS.

FROM NOW ON IM ACTUALLY GOING TO BE A GOOD BOY AND WRITE LETTERS TO PEOPLE THAT CAN ACTUALLY GET THINGS DONE, ASSIST THOSE LOBBYING GOVERNMENT FOR THE GREATER GOOD AND JOIN AOPA.
Anyone else care to do the same ?
Lots of love and happy flying
- The rudest Aircraft owner and PPL (a) in Australia.:{

tinpis
17th Oct 2010, 10:23
Whispering Kamahl?

tail wheel
17th Oct 2010, 11:00
This forum is MODERATED mainly by GA industry never willbee's...

Yeah, really? :confused: I never knew that!

Since when have DHC8, B737, B767 and B777 been operated "by GA industry never willbee's"???? :} :}

The last thread i started barely lasted 2 hrs before being removed.

Anyone have any idea what he's on about? I did a search and can't find a disappearing thread.... :confused: :confused:

Guptar. I know of two PPRuNers who "left" recently - for at least the third or fourth time - and still came back! :} Indeed, I seem to recall you've left a few times? Your profile (and posting history) suggests "Shared userid". Have you all agreed to leave permanently this time? :E

I can help you make it permanent - send me a PM if you want your profile and all posts removed. Happy to oblige. :ok:

I'm still here & staying

Yes, yes, Gupta. We know you are still here. Hope you are on the mend after your illness. :ok:

The Green Goblin
17th Oct 2010, 11:40
Guptar, don't pick on our tailey or you're going to get some pumpkin bombs dispensed in your direction ;)

Avitor
17th Oct 2010, 11:49
Leaving posts rarely turn out to be lasting. They are the protests of the ....:mad:

iamaviator
17th Oct 2010, 12:09
Live long and prosper... Happy landings! :)

Homesick-Angel
17th Oct 2010, 13:17
This is worse than "days of our lives"..

Can we puuulease get back to regular programming.

Captain Dart
17th Oct 2010, 21:52
PPrUNE is fine as long as you stick to the rules of engagement, don't bag QANTAS and don't mention 'that year'! ;)

Frank Arouet
17th Oct 2010, 22:41
It amazes me to see some people on this site believe a forum moderated by, and for pilots, (who are, by their very nature, autocrats), be run as a democracy. Makes me wonder if they've ever been on a flight deck.

Atlas Shrugged
18th Oct 2010, 02:42
PPrUNE is fine as long as you stick to the rules of engagement, don't bag QANTAS and don't mention 'that year'!

Are we still allowed to ****bag AOPA? :E

Let's see if this post lasts 2hrs........

YPJT
18th Oct 2010, 03:13
Are we still allowed to ****bag AOPA?
Do they still exist?

Desert Flower
18th Oct 2010, 03:34

I'm still here & staying

Cheers

The original (and only)

Gupta

Phew - I was worried there for a while until I looked at the spelling of the first one! ;)

DF.

remoak
18th Oct 2010, 06:11
Ah the recurring "not fair, not fair" thread.

I seem to remember this one coming up sometime in the early '90s. Danny (back in the days before he sold out to corporate greed :}) said something along the lines of "it's my toy, it isn't democratic, if you don't like it f*@k off".

Nothing has changed.

Still amuses me that anyone would expect that a forum on the internet, the very epitome of anarchy, would be fair or democratic. Ah well.

Pinky the pilot
23rd Oct 2010, 03:12
a forum on the internet, the very epitome of anarchy

And long may it remain so!:ok:

I am still somewhat bemused by those posters who fail to remember the 'golden rule.'

Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

Kelly Slater
23rd Oct 2010, 04:08
What is a "Guptar" and why would two people pick it as a user mame?

gupta
23rd Oct 2010, 13:09
Kelly

I too have no idea what a "Guptar" is

That's why my ID is Gupta; there is only one of me, & there is a story behind my name

Ex FSO GRIFFO
23rd Oct 2010, 13:43
Would you be the 'Gupta' I know..??

If you is, then Good Luck and All The VERY BEST and, I'm very pleased to see you is still 'on de planet'....:ok::ok:

:p

Jack Ranga
23rd Oct 2010, 21:49

If you can't understand this rule, you have serious comprehension problems and maybe personality defects :ok:

What you should aim to do in life is accumulate as much gold as possible :ok:

gupta
24th Oct 2010, 00:07
Griffo

Yes, I'm certainly on the planet & well into recovery mode.

PM heading your way

my oleo is extended
24th Oct 2010, 05:44
So now we are talking about Darth, AJ and Boston Bruce ??????

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Oct 2010, 07:27
Many thanks Bloke for that - response in PM tray.....:p:p