PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to go about training !!! help please

gt_1234
17th Oct 2010, 01:12
currently i hold FAA privateSE i had gotten away from flying for about 8-9 years and didnt complete my Commercial, now i am interested in finishing my commercial as well as CFI, CFII, and MEI. my concern is that i am 31 yrs old right now by the time i can finish all my ratings and possibly get an instructors job and build my hours enough to be qualified for a regional airline job i probably will be 33-34. may be with the regional airline jet transition course i might be able to expedite the process a little bit. so my question is about how long on an average i would have to wait to be moved up from reserve to line and then to captain and then to a major airline and what kind of hiring market shud i expect by the time i am qualified to apply for a job say 2012 or 2013. given that the retirement age is 65 and i am 31 already so i only have 30 some years left to build my career and i wanna make the most of it so what would be the best path and the best decision for me to make as far as the whole airline flying career is concerned. what would be the best training cost efficient course i shud enroll in , i already have 200+ hours of flight time but no multi and no instrument . also i have been looking at some job openings like at delta and air tran and they require a 4 yr college degree , would it be possible to get a job with a regional airline and finish an online degree while building experience . also which airline would be considered best as in terms of moving up in seniority and from FO to captain and get that much sought after PIC time , as i have a friend who got hired by PSA flying for US express and he been there for 4+ years and still a FO so far he has accumulated over4000tt and still hasnt been up to move up to captain. and how much time i shud expect to spend as an instructor before i might be able to get the min. requirements for airline job.i have many questions and not enough answers, like i said i am 31 and i jus dont wanna end up making a wrong decision and further prolong my airline career so any help any advice is greatly appreciated my email address is [email protected]