PDA

View Full Version : warning effect prospect of fto or job?

jackhrissy
16th Oct 2010, 21:23
Hi,
I would like to seek your advice towards a future career in bieng a pilot. I have a problem thats been bugging me now as i got a police warning for indecent exposure when i was 15. This was not a criminal offence but a warning, its something that i regret highly and was very childish to do at the time. :ugh:I now want to apply to a flight traning organisation such as oxford aviation acadaemy and am wondering how this would affect my place as on the form it states
'' have you ever been cautioned, warned or covicted of a criminal offence?'' also would this come up when applying for a job and how would it effect it and what checks wouldi t come up in etc. please help i really regret what childish stuff i did back then and dont want it to come in the way of my career :confused:

thanks

BigGrecian
16th Oct 2010, 23:59
The only warning you should take seriously is not to spend the ridiculous amounts of money Oxford ask to train you.

Go somewhere else for a 1/3 of the cost.

The job prospects are exactly the same.

It shouldn't affect your airside pass etc there is a list of convictions which prohibit you from ever holding an airside pass and I doubt that's on there.

Whether Oxford or another expensive school will accept you is another issue. What an airline thinks well you'd have to ask someone in the HR side of things.

If you go to the States for training it may take you longer to have your visa issued but shouldn't be a problem as long as you are honest. Lie and get caught and then that's where the trouble begins...

suraci
17th Oct 2010, 00:04
You'll fit in here nicely, what with all the willy-waving that goes on ....;)

jackhrissy
17th Oct 2010, 13:44
so does anybody know how oaa would take it and if they know of anyone that applied with a warning because this is really worrying me now? :/ also how the airlines would take it

thanks

jackhrissy
17th Oct 2010, 13:51
also i think once you have a ATPL and apply for a job in an airline they dont ask you about it so you dont have to mention it. is this true? thanks

hollingworthp
17th Oct 2010, 14:14
The minimum hoop you will likely have to go through for an airline is a Disclosure Scotland.

Have a look here: What is a disclosure? - Disclosure Scotland (http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/what-is-disclosure/)

SW1
17th Oct 2010, 14:20
If it was 5 years ago or more, you dont have to claim anything. ie You can put no down to having a criminal offence under the Rehabilitation of Offenders act. Indecent exposure, Jeez, what were you thinking?????

LH2
17th Oct 2010, 14:58
:confused: How can a 15 y.o. be charged with indecent exposure (a pretty stupid "crime" to be in the books in the first place) for that matter? As you state you have been given a police warning, which is nothing more than a telling-to by some zealot wearing a uniform. You have not commited an offence as far as the law is concerned.

And that's none of the school's business anyway, they're only asking because they want to sound all serious and professional for marketing reasons.

Hope that helps