PDA

View Full Version : Help Professional Pilot Training

boskki
16th Oct 2010, 10:16
Hi, i am currently looking into a career change and becoming a commercial airline pilot has always a dream of mine. I am currently a 26 year old mathematics teacher.

I am looking for some advice into how i can best achieve my goal.
I am pretty open minded into which type of course integrated or modular, although after reading on here how much cheaper i can do modular then it is very appealing.
I am also open minded on where i do the course or parts of it UK or abroad. I'm also open do doing the parts of the course part time,while still working to pay for it, or full time getting financial support to fund the course.

Basically i am looking for advice as to which route would be most suitable for me and which companys people would reccommend.

For your information i'm based in the South of Scotland and Carlisle is my local airport with training schools.

Second question is there a need for commercial airline pilots now and in the next 2 years, here and worldwide, i would move to any country after my training to achieve my goal of flying for a commercial airline.

Cheers

Genghis the Engineer
16th Oct 2010, 10:32
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html

mohamed_saggaf
16th Oct 2010, 11:03
Hi there,

I am in the same situation.... my dream is to become a pilot ... but am doing a PGCE in teaching Mathematics in secondary and then later be able to finance the pilot course. Any advise ???

Thanks