PDA

View Full Version : Emirates announce new routes.

cyclops camel
20th Nov 2001, 13:07
From an EK press release :

"Next year sees the start of services to Osaka, Japan; Khartoum, Sudan; the Indian Ocean holiday island of Mauritius; Casablanca, the commercial capital of Morocco; and Perth, Western Australia, a route first announced earlier this autumn.

Boeing 777 Extended Range jets will serve Perth and Osaka non-stop from Dubai four times a week. Airbus A330s will serve the other routes, three times weekly to each.

Emirates will have 19 A330s in service by next month, making it the world’s biggest customer for the aircraft. It has eight more on order, as well as 25 Boeing 777s, 22 double deck Airbus A380s, eight A340-600s and six A340-500s.

Potential customers for the new routes are:
PERTH: UK and European leisure and family travellers, exporters of fruit and vegetables to Europe;
OSAKA: large numbers of business travellers, industrial freight shippers;
MAURITIUS: Middle East holidaymakers, garment exports with the recent easing of US quotas and duty levied on clothing;
KHARTOUM: Strong Sudanese trade links between Dubai and the Far East;
CASABLANCA: Middle East holidaymakers, electronics, fruit and vegetable exporters."

Get your applications in now!!

The Mickey Mouser
20th Nov 2001, 13:15
Great news from Dubai, how is the recruitment going, my application is already in just waiting to hear.
:cool:

Fly747
20th Nov 2001, 13:49
Recruitment appears to be full speed ahead. A Virgin no-job mate was called Sunday for interview the following day.

Whooaahh
20th Nov 2001, 16:24
Correct me if I'm wrong but...Isn't Rabat the Captial of Morocco or is it just where the royals live? :confused:

Whooaahh!!!

sirwa69
20th Nov 2001, 16:37
Rabat is the Capital of Morocco.
The original post claimed that Cassablanca was the commercial Capital of Morocco which is also true. :cool:

Payscale
20th Nov 2001, 23:51
Starting on the A330 in January...can't wait! Good luck to all who apply. Relax, they will get to you. Afterall with so many new aircraft comming they will need busloads of pilots. :D :) :cool:

Roundout
21st Nov 2001, 00:00
Congrat's Payscale - you'll have a ball.

Well done.

vtmsch
21st Nov 2001, 07:03
Hint, Hint: Houston. A lot of oilmen would welcome the bypass of Europe on the way to the Gulf states. ;)

hailstone
21st Nov 2001, 09:20
cyclops camel,
are there timeframes as to when EK will start operating these services ?
was not able to find anything on the EK site, nor on amadeus.net

CCA
21st Nov 2001, 10:13
Just a small point prior to a question, CX already has 20 330s in service, 20 too many some might say.

Are EK using NAI for descents to increase the surge margin on the RR-772s ?

Regards

GKirk
21st Nov 2001, 12:52
MAN will go to 2 Daily I heard from a reliable source.

sandpit
23rd Nov 2001, 03:02
CCA, in previous press releases EK has claimed to be biggest A330-200 operator, which they probably are. The PR people probably left the -200 bit off this time not thinking it made any difference!

Re NAI, yes and no is the answer. It only affects certain aircraft. I think it is procedure on 6 of ours whilst the other 13 do not require it. That might be 1 out either way but about right off the top of my head. ;)

Willie Everlearn
23rd Nov 2001, 03:13
Scary.
EK is treading in very, very, dangerous ground.

Even deep pockets have their bottom.
With the protectionist policies that are sure to kick in once the airline industry hits rock bottom, I can't imagine EK negotiating 5th Freedom out of OMDB with anyone.

I certainly can't imagine the loads required to sustain a non-stop DXB-HOU or DAL in an A340 or A380. Wishful thinking or Ego?

What do they know that the rest of this industry DOESN'T.

Great news but...
a scary proposition. Scary indeed.
It would be a shame if they ran aground.

karnott
23rd Nov 2001, 20:44
yeh man, straight to Perth, will beat going BKK,Sin, each month

dv8
23rd Nov 2001, 23:02
Forgive my ignorance but if you don't ask you don't learn what's a NAI when its at home?

I'm just guessing
nacelle anti-ice

FcU
24th Nov 2001, 00:23
Willie, as far as I know DXB is wide open for anyone to come and try to make money. Incidentally EK plays by the same rules as everyone else. (ie no govvy handouts) so if you please try not to rain on our parade. It seems to be the only one with the band still playing.

FcU
24th Nov 2001, 00:26
In addition any management that can garner 3 days of worldwide media coverage with the announcement of aircraft purchases has my vote to be at the helm.

Bigocean
24th Nov 2001, 06:08
Hello there;
I have recently made application to Emirates in Dubai. But my wife and I are curious, what is life really like in Dubai? We have read the tourism and shopping websites and it all seems very nice, idyllic even. But everyplace has it's moments...good and bad, and we'd like to hear a few of them if anyone has time to share. Most specifically, my wife is wondering what life is like for a woman in the UAE, we understand that Dubai is a very modern city with few restrictions, but we have not talked to anyone who has actually experienced life there. She is also wondering about the length of Pilot pairings, how much time will she be on her own in a new place halfway round the world? We are Canadian, and have a 7 year old son.
She'd love to hear from any Emirates' pilot's wife at [email protected]
I'm curious as well, will 8000 hours and an A-330 rating put me in good stead with the selection board at Emirates?
Thanks in advance for your time...

wonderbusdriver
24th Nov 2001, 10:25
off topic:

Bigocean - Look here:
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=33&t=000352

and try the search function.

Fly76737
24th Nov 2001, 14:24
atiuta and payscale could you contact me please via my private box thanks

;)

FcU
24th Nov 2001, 22:34
Bigocean give me an e-mail and we can talk

Bigocean
25th Nov 2001, 01:42
Try me here [email protected]
I appreciate your time. thanks :confused:

Tristar
25th Nov 2001, 03:03
I tend to agree with Willie Everlearn, EK seam to be going the same way that Gulf Air was going; buy, buy, buy, and order, order, order and suddenly “ooohhh S#!t we can’t pay back”. Then off course it is too late, and the gangs who are in charge of placing the orders have received their commissions, now they can do the disappearing act.!!!???
But let us have faith and hope that I am wrong.
:confused: