PDA

View Full Version : SeatBelt

Underwatertrainer
15th Oct 2010, 12:05
Dear All, does any one have a reference that states the position of the seatbelt buckle shall it be right or left depending on the exit window. if it is a rule or even best practice or not.

unstable load
15th Oct 2010, 16:23
I was taught that they were right hand release, ie. buckle on the left side.

Underwatertrainer
15th Oct 2010, 17:48
Thank you for replying, ok but what if the exit is on the right hand shouldn't the buckle be on the opposite side; meaning that you use your left hand to release?

Ascend Charlie
17th Oct 2010, 00:05
Normally the shortest part, the belt stub and receiver, is next to the door. Minimises the chance of a long belt hanging out the door and beating the snot out of the fuselage.:eek::8

wrench1
17th Oct 2010, 01:09
When I was taught on this side of the pond many years ago...it was to put the buckle for a right hand release as most people were right handed........

stacey_s
17th Oct 2010, 03:48
212/412 - whichever hand you would use to reach for the jettison handle the other one opens the seat belt, so on those machines co-pilot would have the short side so he will open his harness with his right hand and the pilot side would be vice-versa.

S

SayItIsntSo
18th Oct 2010, 09:11
Check the MM or IPC and see what that shows. That is what it is supposed to be!

Shell Management
18th Oct 2010, 20:27
Much better to have a 4 point harness with a rotary buckle and a high seat back:ok:

Ikoyian
19th Oct 2010, 06:47
Underwatertrainer.
I remember the seat belts fitted in the North Sea Puma fleet having the buckle inboard with reference to the aisle. Although I do not have any idea as to why this was, perhaps from the fact that having the buckles on the window side affected egress?

The two point, or latterly the 4 point harness (with the high seat back) was the same, buckles fitted to the aisle side.

Perhaps someone can tell us the real reason for this.