PDA

View Full Version : Paroxetine and the Class One

airtaxiwannabe
15th Oct 2010, 09:52
Good morning all,

Can anybody advise how long you have to wait before applying for the Class One medical, after you have stopped paroxetine, which as I am sure you are aware is an SSRI? My last Class One was in 2001, so I need to go to Gatwick anyway and as I will be disclosing my medication (which ended a few weeks ago), I may as well see if they can fit me in with the physchiatrist at the same time.

Is this possible to make a dual appointment if I get the relevant files from my GP, or do you have to wait until the initial physical is over?

Many thanks

Airtaxiwannabe :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Oct 2010, 12:18
Unquestionably, the best advice is to bell Gatwick. They are extremely helpful and will give you the right answers.

airtaxiwannabe
15th Oct 2010, 20:21
Hi Heathrow Director,

Many thanks for the info and I took your advice.
I had to leave a message for a call back, my first thought was "yeah right, they will really call." But lo and behold they did. I spoke to a lovely lady who said that as my medical had been expired for over five years I needed to go to Gatwick (which I knew). She then said she would write to me with a letter to be forwarded to my GP, who must declare the requested information and send it back. Then she will write back to me with the results and advise when I can apply for a medical appointment. She also advised me to book on the day when the CAA psychiatrist was on duty and complete the two appointments in one day. From my point of view it was thoroughly efficient and it was a pleasure to talk to her. All I hope now is that the doctors pass me both mentally and physically fit.

Thanks

gingernut
16th Oct 2010, 04:50
Sorry, don't have a definative answer, but as the half life of paroxetine is around 24 hours, I suspect the boys in the white coats would be more interested in the state of your mind, rather than the amount of chemicals in your blood.

Good luck. May be eventually worth posting your anticipated good news on the ssri thread for others info.

airtaxiwannabe
16th Oct 2010, 13:05
Thanks gingernut,

I will post either way.