PDA

View Full Version : PPL(A) to PPL(H) question...

tornadogr4
15th Oct 2010, 01:04
Hey everyone.
I just have a question about doing my PPL (H). i wanted to get it quickly before i start ATPLs so i can get a combined. i have a UK PPL(A) and im currently in the process of doing my FAA CPL ME IR and will have approx 150hrs when i finish. my question is, how much flight time can be deducted, as i believe i can deduct (6hrs?) because i have a fixed wing PPL. also, will i need to take all the PPL exams again, as i would have done the same for PPL(A).
Cheers
Also, anybody know any good/cheap places in UK to do my PPL(H)? (the closer to NE London the better ;)

Sean H
15th Oct 2010, 01:18
Because you have a JAR PPL(A), you will only need 39 hours as a minimum to get your JAR PPL(H) Issued.

If you have a FAA fixed wing licence of some sort, save time and money for yourself and do a FAA PPL(H) Add on course.
Cloud 9 Helicopters Flight Training School West Palm Beach Florida (http://www.cloud9helicopters.com) Have a look on that site for the "Add on" course.
30 hours, 2-3 weeks to do it and about 65% cheaper than the UK!

Goodluck

tornadogr4
16th Oct 2010, 03:40
hey thanks for that. emailed cloud9 now, since im already in Florida, im going to see if i can incorporate one of my time building flights into a visit to them and get a quick tour of their facilities...maybe a trial lesson too!
combined FAA/JAA CPL looks interesting..
how was your experience with them? tell me all about the housing? close, far? clean dirty? how many people share a bedroom? (after i found out my flightschool makes 2 people share a room, i bought out my whole room for double the price then moved out all together in a month and solved the bus issue buy buying a car! :P)