PDA

View Full Version : Booking Aer Lingus on line.

fergusk9
15th Oct 2010, 00:34
Hi There
I recently tried to book on Aer Lingus online. Got through the process to the point where I have to pay with my credit card. The card postal address (required) is a box number. Aer Lingus page will not allow PO Box numbers at any stage of the process - consequently I couldn't do the booking - went Ryan Air instead !! No problem. (No surprise there). Advised Aer Lingus but got no reply. They must be missing out on a lot of business. !!

Capetonian
15th Oct 2010, 07:49
You might have been able to defeat it by writing something like :

Post Office Box Number 687, rather than P O Box 687. It's often odd how the interfaces are programmed. I came across a case the other day where I had to enter a Swiss postal code onto a website and whereas CH-8061, which is the correct international format, wasn't accepted, 8061 was.

heidelberg
30th Nov 2010, 18:14
Tried to change date of travel on my Business Class DUB to MCO flight online and a message stated I had to phone AL - and no phone number provided resulting in time wasting search for one.
I told the AL 'web' staff person and she said I should have been able to do it online. I had tried a few days earlier with the same result.
Anyone know if it was an IT glitch or is there a policy whereby one can do online changes for some flights only?