PDA

View Full Version : TalkTalk

PPRuNe Pop
14th Oct 2010, 11:03
Had 4 hours of misery this morning. Internet connection kept on going belly up. I tried calling them on the phone. Then phones down also. Some little while later back on then dropped again and again. Called them and they denied all knowledge - "us gotta problem, no its your end" try this that the other and back and forth we go. Then, back on line. a few minutes later its down again. Phones down too.

Anyone else with lousy service today. And I haven't a fault with TalkTalk for over 2 years!

It might go again, so I'm going out!

:ok:

Parapunter
14th Oct 2010, 11:10
My poor old mum has had this buck passing from Talk Talk & AOL. It's not us it's your end. Last time it happened, I went round, took a look & was able to prove it was TT's modem at fault, so I rang & complained.

They denied it was their fault, I presented them with incontrovertible evidence, they still denied it. I wrote to Charles Dunstone three times a day, until he responded, well his PA actually, calling his team amongst other things an absolute shower and muttering about Watchdog & now mum has two years of free broadband, phone & a nice bunch of flowers.

I hate the buck passing - go directly to the top man & persist.

PPRuNe Pop
14th Oct 2010, 11:38
Prior to the period where it has all worked well, I had occasion to write to Dunstone and he ignored me so I wrote again and he still ignored at which time I just couldn't be bothered! But you are right they do blame the customer.

I also have to say that I like the deal I have with them which is somewhat better than their current deal because I started with them 4 years ago now. Until now I have had no need to complain but everything seems to be working including the phone - which my wife is now making great use of!!!!!

cjuk28
14th Oct 2010, 13:31
have been with tiscali now talk talk or almost 5 rs now. no real headaches.
Yesterday i got a call from them wanting to lower my monthly outgoings currently on bt line rental and talk talk 5mbbroadband and inclusive calls including international all i all it costs me about £35.00 per month.
However they can do all the lot now for £22.45 including 20mb BB. Wow what an offer 18 month contract.
Signed up stright away and am saving £13 a month.

Result!!!

PPRuNe Pop
14th Oct 2010, 20:54
I started off with TT at £21.00 and its been that ever since. I am on 10mb but get 6mb. I have free international calls to the CAN, US, OZ and NZ. and free calls to all EU countries. The free bit is not ACTUALLY free but the broadband is - cost consists of £11.50 line rental, £9.50 for international calls and free calls 24/7. BUT...........this morning was the worst I have known a downtime on TT. They are tight with emails and only allow you 5.

Lancelot37
14th Oct 2010, 21:15
You say "They are tight with emails and only allow you 5."

Do you mean 5 email addresses, 'cos that's what I got from them.

Must admit never had a problem but hope I haven't spoken too soon. Using them for 4 years. Free overseas calls are great as we make few calls within the U.K but many abroad.

A lot of their problems are down to B.T as it is their lines that they use.

390cruise
14th Oct 2010, 21:23
cjuk28

20mb BB.......................really

I do not have a good word to say about TT

AS I fought to cancel at the end of my contract ( many lies, phones going dead during the process) I was promised 25mb BB, the best I got was 1.2mb BB. Same daily failure of service as before.

Further cancellation attempts resulted in final sucess but just to be nasty they kept my phone number,

Good luck cjuk28

vulcanised
14th Oct 2010, 21:37
I have only had minor problems in the two years I've been with them.

My biggest problem is accessing all but the original email address I have. Just can't get into the others I've registered for some reason.

The Scarlet Pimpernel
15th Oct 2010, 08:40
Try logging into the TalkTalk Members Forum. The online help is a lot better than the phone support and may help you pin down the problem.....and it's free!:D

call100
15th Oct 2010, 09:46
I still can't believe people use the providers emails.......Nothing but trouble, if not now, further down the road....