View Full Version : Info On Congo Requirements needed.

theaviator2005
13th Oct 2010, 12:42
Hi all,

I was hoping someone here might know the requirements for the Democratic republic of Congo, were looking at using an airport in Congo as our alternate airport, and i was wondering if there were any requirements or limitations in doing so.

I been trying to search on the internet with no luck, but i am trying to find out if it is possible to use an airport as an alternate that is not International Airport of that country or if you must enter through an international airport. Furthermore, is a VISA required for CREW? should we need this alternate. Also anyone know how the situation is in the northern part of Congo as we speak.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone.

N1 Limit
13th Oct 2010, 17:09
The Jeppesen will be your best guide in this case

DownIn3Green
13th Oct 2010, 21:37
I've stayed in the Meridian in Brazzeville on several occasions...Nice bar and service above average for the area...no real problems...

MungoP
14th Oct 2010, 05:47
DRC is a hassle for everyone at anytime... if you can avoid it do so... you're not very clear about your requirements for the alternate.. are you a C208 looking for something within 100 miles of your target or an A320 ?
If you're coming from the north either Brazzaville or Bangui (CAR) would be a better bet. DRC is definately a last resort... eg. you're on fire :)

Metro man
14th Oct 2010, 07:22
A wallet full of US$ in various denominations to pay all the bribes you will be hit for. The more $$$ you are wlling to pay, the less you need to worry about the regs. Even if you think you comply fully with all the requirements as listed, there may be "differences of interpretation" which will involve an official relieving you of your money.:yuk: