PDA

View Full Version : HKATCA

atfso
12th Oct 2010, 13:58
The president invited me to join the association, he said the union will protect me, secure my benefit, they charge me less for team dinner, one family ba ba ba, and he further added if I would like to join his air cat dead, his rank is very high and can look after me, guess my reply! :)

After hearing all those bull:mad:it, I said I was interested and he, without hesitation, said "try for one year lar.....xxx would come to collect the membership fee."

For this two minutes dialogue, what he intended was my money and helped him to build up his empire in air cat dead. What the f:mad:k! I finally paid because he is an officer I am sh:mad:it nothing.

LapSap
12th Oct 2010, 16:12
Go on, humour us.

duyentranvan
12th Oct 2010, 16:21
hey baby:ugh:

carl baker
13th Oct 2010, 01:26
Which ASSoc? What is going on in HKG ATC?

Cain and Abel
29th Oct 2010, 07:13
atfso,

Please be reminded that The Association is not any kind of Triad association nor the president being any sort of Triad gangster, if you do not want to join the association, there is no one who can force you into joining it.

I know many of our colleagues lack faith or have no interest in the association and i must admit that there is a good reason to be so. Please bear with us that there are limitations to our capability and even if there are things you wanted the association to help, it might be easier said than done. I assure you all that the president and all committee members wanted to do as much as to boost staff morale and to help staff out as can be, unfortunately no one as yet can build Rome in one day.

If you are not content with what the association has done as yet, why not join the association and put an effort to making it better rather than whining every now and then that the association is useless?

The association really needs support from all you good colleagues as much as possible, if you all can join and help out, it will certainly get better and better.

Please join if you want to help, for those who are not interested or have no faith in the association, could you all help by not putting up with anymore sarcasm towards the association?

If anyone wants to stone me or incinerate me over haystack, you are more than welcome to do so, but please, try not to inflict more harm towards the association from now, please?:sad:

throw a dyce
29th Oct 2010, 08:13
atfso,
I think if you are controlling in HK then you would be wise to join HKATCA and even if it's for one reason.If you stuff up,or something happens that management can start pointing a finger of blame,then you may have back-up and even access to legal advice.
If you search back to the Ben Macdhui crash in the UK,(probably in Military or ATC section)then GATCO helped the innocent military controller who was facing a court marshall.

PS the HK Association had some a few good p:cool:ups as well.

atfso
29th Oct 2010, 14:22
ok ok. I join as a member already and keep quiet. Are you happy?!!
I just want to be neutral, but that damn guy was so pushing. I only join one year, no more! Other people post bad things to the union is none of my business, this is a forum for expressing their ideas. I may be wrong but still this is my feeling. This union is only for controller, we as an helper our role is to build up the head count and pay annual fee!