PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Indradhanush 2010

ORAC
11th Oct 2010, 13:25
After all the claims, counter claims and leaked briefings from the last USAF/IAF exercise over performance, tactics and skill levels; it will be interesting to see what the Indian press end up printing concerning Typhoon vs SU-30. I've opened this thread to see what our Indian colleagues post in the next few weeks. :cool:

The Hindu: IAF, British Royal Air Force wargames from October 18 (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article825201.ece)

Indian Air Force’s frontline Su-30 MKI fighter jets will engage the Eurofighter Typhoons of the British Royal Air Force during the 17-day wargames codenamed ‘Ex-Indradhanush’ at Kalaikunda air base in West Bengal starting October 18.

This will be the first time when IAF’s AWACS will fly in a joint air exercise with any country.

During the exercise, the IAF will field its aircraft such as the Su-30 MKI, Mirage 2000s, MiG-27s and the Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) aircraft. The RAF would also be deploying its AWACS (E-3D) and Air to Air refuellers (VC-10) along with its Typhoons......

The aim of this joint exercise is to enhance mutual understanding and refine procedures for future joint exercise between the two Air Forces, IAF officials said here.

Commenting on the exercise, Eastern Air Commander Air Marshal K.K. Nohwar said, “the exercise is an opportunity for both the Air Forces to get an insight into each other’s operational philosophies and work cultures. This will greatly enhance the understanding of our Air Force to operate in scenario involving state of the art technologies,” he added.

During the exercise, the IAF will lay special emphasis on exposing its aircrew and controllers to missions like large force engagements and protection of high-value aerial assets roles routinely undertaken by RAF as apart of expeditionary force deployment around the globe, officials said.........

LateArmLive
11th Oct 2010, 13:30
My money's on the Typhoons getting horsed :(

ZH875
11th Oct 2010, 13:47
I hope the Commonwealth Games are over by then, otherwise it would look like a 'Jolly'

Willard Whyte
11th Oct 2010, 13:51
Ex Indradhanush.. aka operation try to flog tiffies to the Indians.

Neptunus Rex
11th Oct 2010, 14:13
The RAF will be at a major disadvantage. Who would dare pull 9g the morning after a curry dinner in the IAF Officers' Mess?

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/onfire.gif

Wrathmonk
11th Oct 2010, 15:28
Why would they be eating in the Mess and not the 5* restaurant attached to their hotel ....:E

Geehovah
11th Oct 2010, 18:49
I'm not involved any more but I'd say the Boys will come back having kept their peckers up.

Jobza Guddun
11th Oct 2010, 19:16
They've got to get there first!!!

Wrathmonk - only the Tanker W*****s get the hotels this time!:ok:

BombayDuck
11th Oct 2010, 19:33
Why would they be eating in the Mess and not the 5* restaurant attached to their hotel

Better food? :p

Wensleydale
11th Oct 2010, 19:34
So RAF Fighter pilots take on the IAF. Is this just a game of Cowboys verses Indians?

FFP
11th Oct 2010, 23:16
otherwise it would look like a 'Jolly'

Been to India a few times. There's very little "jolly" to be had. Unless you count a dose of the Dehli Belly and some huge mossie bites as a jolly. I'll give up the India trip "for the team" and go somewhere else TVM.

orca
12th Oct 2010, 17:15
Isn't it all fairly irrelevant? The most we shall ever see is we scored x and they scored y. Some Wg Cdr will trot out a 'It was great and we did well' line for crab news and that'll be it.

We'll never find out whether there were ever any blue-vs-blue bvr fights or whether the kill tallies were against a red air simulation. We will never find out what cuffs blue air applied. We will never even find out if the RAF or IAF didn't cuff themselves so as to prevent any security breach. It is completely SOP to withhold a bit of your performance or capability in an exercise, be it aerodynamic, radar, ESM or EW so as to not give it away. If there is a ppruner allowed in both shot vals who is invited to tell all on the web i will apologise!

I do, however, look forward to an informed game of 'airborne top trumps' being played out by the ill informed.

I bet the typhoon wins, I believe all Wg Cdrs. I thought the Typhoon software made them impossible to get East of Suez...;)

LateArmLive
12th Oct 2010, 18:19
Spoken like a bitter fish-head ;)

ZH875
12th Oct 2010, 18:41
Lets hope that the ******* make the same 'mistake' as last time! ;)