PDA

View Full Version : Capt Ray France

larrikan larry
11th Oct 2010, 01:36
Sad to see such a great fellow pass away so young.
I note that the NTC from CX office stated a short battle with illness. What was the poor guy fighting?

So sad for his family-RIP ol' mate.

LL

The Wraith
11th Oct 2010, 05:54
Did JHB with him last year. He was a gentleman of note and an absolute pleasure to fly with.
Sincerest of condolences to his family, he will certainly be missed here at CX.

broadband circuit
11th Oct 2010, 13:51
What was the poor guy fighting?

The "donations in lieu of flowers" bit in the NTC might give a hint......

Capt Toss Parker
12th Oct 2010, 03:07
It's such a shame that all the Good Guys pass on early, yet the "A-Holes"like myself seem to hang around for ever ...... :ugh:

Three Wire
12th Oct 2010, 03:45
My condolences to all, especially his family. I knew "Mondo" back when we were young and fearless. But only the good die young they say.

EK_Bus Driver
12th Oct 2010, 05:47
I knew Ray for many years, had the absolute pleasure of flying with him on many occasions. He was a true Gentleman, a man of great integrity and a wonderful fellow Aviator. My heart goes out to his Wife Beryl and his Children Daniel & Stepanie.

The world is ideed a much poorer place.

Rest in peace old mate.

Captain Dart
12th Oct 2010, 06:01
Ray was always cheerful and a very competent naval aviator.

Rest in peace, 'Mondo'.

Fenwicksgirl
14th Oct 2010, 05:18
Ray did LUFUS B of my command course, fantastic trainer and bloke!! Thoroughly enjoyed my command course thanks to him, a great loss to us all, his family and CX!!

mrdeux
14th Oct 2010, 05:20
I knew Ray from his RAN days. Very well liked, and very capable. RIP.

silk road trader
16th Oct 2010, 11:51
What a shame. Great company on overnights and a pleasure to fly with. Last time I saw him he was his usual cheerful and good natured self. Some people could have learned a lot from Ray.