PDA

View Full Version : CAE global academy (India)

VT-ASM
7th Oct 2010, 17:16
Hello folks...

I am about to start my flight training in a couple of months....Just in a bit of a dilemma...
CAE is charging on the steeper side approx Rs 28.3 lakhs with 190 hrs on DA 40 and 10 hours on the DA 42.
Others are charging consideraby lesser than that (about 23.5 lakhs) for the same number of hours.
Is the CAE tag actually worth it? Does CAE live up to the expectations in terms of placements and so on ?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

VT-ASM

LOFT
7th Oct 2010, 20:33
Dude your dilemma will increase after you complete your training and learn that even you have to join the same pool of unemployed pilots who have completed their training at a lot lesser amount than you. And that even you will have to go through the same system of selection for the job as the rest. By putting in that extra money into CAE for you CPL will take you nowhere ... My suggestion would be to go USA, get your hours, comeback give the exams and get your licence.. You might end up saving a considerable amount of money which can be utilized in a better way for the Type Rating, which if done from CAE will make a lot of difference for most of the airlines flying in India.
Good LUck:ok:

akpmurali
7th Oct 2010, 21:46
Hey LOFT, Thats one wonderful piece of sensible reply. I really appreciate you.

and yea VT-ASM tats very much true. I second LOFT :ok:

flight517
9th Oct 2010, 17:26
very well said LOFT and you can also build few more multi hours in the US around 25 hrs or so as compared to the 10 hrs on a DA42 here at CAE

Speed Freak
9th Oct 2010, 20:53
where are u doing the cae training from...gondia or igrua? if u go to igrua you have the oppurtunity of campus placement which you wont get anywhere else...

vserian
10th Oct 2010, 15:53
if u go to igrua you have the oppurtunity of campus placement

Only if you are related to Ministers or Senior Air india captains.......

VT-ASM
10th Oct 2010, 16:49
Thanks guys...
@ speedfreak...
I am doing the training from Gondia....