PDA

View Full Version : BA Staff Travel

jupiter50
7th Oct 2010, 16:54
Apart from the BA strikes, has anyone or does anyone know of anyone that has been involved in a situation where their staff travel benefit has been removed or threatened to be removed.

Capetonian
7th Oct 2010, 17:13
An ex-colleague of mine who worked in IT for BA had his removed for 'inappropriate conduct' on board. Reading between the lines of what he told me, and knowing him, I suspect that he was strutting around as if he owned the aircraft and trying to impress the girl he was travelling with. He got into an argument with the CSD who reported him and the rest is history.

Other reasons for withdrawal of privileges can be for attempting to manipulate the reservations or inventory system to ensure that there will be seats available when travelling on standby. As this involves loss of revenue I would consider it to be theft from your emplyer.

second coming
7th Oct 2010, 17:26
It seems to be fair enough from WW. In this climate they should be thankful they still have their jobs.

call100
8th Oct 2010, 08:25
Oh dear! Here we go.....Another them v us thread....:ugh:

Mercenary Pilot
8th Oct 2010, 13:17
has anyone or does anyone know of anyone that has been involved in a situation where their staff travel benefit has been removed or threatened to be removed

Yes, for using it to go for a job interview with another airline, getting stranded abroad when they should have been reporting for duty and using it for outside business interests.