PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Recruiting

angelorange
6th Oct 2010, 23:17
Try this link :

Job Opportunity - Taleo (http://aircanada.taleo.net/careersection/pilote/joblist.ftl)

If you don't get through click on all jobs page and scroll down to "pilot"

angelorange
6th Oct 2010, 23:21
Qualifications

To fly for Air Canada, pilots must meet certain basic requirements:
1000 hours of fixed wing flying time
Completion of schooling to the university entrance level
Ability to pass the Air Canada and Transport Canada medical and visual acuity requirements for a Category 1 medical certificate
Canadian Commercial Pilot licence, current Instrument Rating and Multi-Engine endorsement
Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
Pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, so preference is given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Examples of desirable additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
Canadian Airline Transport Pilot licence
University degree or college diploma
Aviation College diploma
Military or commercial flight experience
Jet and/or glass cockpit experience
Additional language(s)

Job Pilot
Primary LocationCanada
Schedule Full-time

Job Posting 09/13/2010
Unposting Date 05/31/2011

shutupanfly
7th Oct 2010, 04:38
With AC hiring does it mean the great hiring run is about to start?

theflyinggreek
5th Nov 2010, 22:54
Not so sure that its a hiring spree.

The question is, can you afford to join AC with the low wages they offer for all new hires. There is a division of pay groups and to get in to the hirer pay group could take more than five years. As for progression, you may never see the left seat of a wide body for 15 to 20 years.

I have been there for 13 years. I can just barely hang on to the bottom of the A320 captain's list and will not be able to earn enough seniority to hold a decent roster! That means being on reserve (On call) for the majority of my career. Its not good or bad.. Thats just the way it is..

Other airlines offer more money and straight rostering. Look around before coming to AC.

Cheers,

ExMedevac
6th Nov 2010, 08:37
Thank you for the feedback sir, much appreciated.

VJW
6th Nov 2010, 08:49
Flying greek

I'm canadian by birth (and am currently renewing my Canadian passport).

I've a university degree from the UK in Aerospace engineering, and currently fly the B737 800 with 2000 TT.

I obviously do not hold a Canadian ATPL or Medical yet - but do you think i'd get an interview should I apply?

What kind of salary are you talking about, I have a few debts to clear before I head back over that side of the pond, and my current pay I think will allow me to pay that off far quicker.

VJW