PDA

View Full Version : Jade

pdub20s
6th Oct 2010, 18:22
Hey, I applied at Jade Cargo a week ago or so and havent heard anything from them yet. The hiring boards say they are hiring. I exceed the mins, but what the possibility of getting on with them?

bananaman2
6th Oct 2010, 20:59
... would have thought very good if you meet the minimums.

They were still advertising in the latest edition of Flight International this week. Seems to be a need for Cargo pilots in the area on the 74... so a few airlines competing for adequately experienced crew. (2 others still advertising in the same edition of Flight, not to mention SIA Cargo who advertised recently)

I applied but I don't meet the minimums so not expecting to hear back.

Jetjockey145
27th Oct 2010, 23:51
Hi

I've just been invited for screening by Jade.

Can anyone shed any light on the testing process with particular emphasis on the medical?

Are the chinese as strict as I hear on the medical? I have a UK class 1 with no restrictions but am overweight. I am also told the eye test is a nightmare in China. There is also mention of a treadmill? :eek:

Anyone? :confused:

Thanks.

JotaJota
28th Oct 2010, 07:00
Jetjockey145, there are many threads here about the Chinese medical here so read up.

I do not want to scare you but there's a 50% plus failure rate for the ASTRONAUT medical that the CAAC administers. From microscopic kidney stones, color blind, heart rate, scars, medication, etc, these "doctors" will look for everything and more. First class FAA (ICAO) standards medical multiplied by ten!

Even pilots that have passed previous medicals on multiple occasions are now failing. All I can say is make sure that you are in somewhat good shape and PRAY!!! Today you fail, tomorrow you'll pass, as there's no consistency used by these so called "doctors"... Preventing qualified candidates to fly in China! Sad...

My .02 cents :eek:

Jetjockey145
17th Nov 2010, 17:38
Hmmmmmmm

Add to the above, the fact that they want me to pay for my own airline ticket................... :\

Don't think I'll be bothering.

Ho Hum

Jetjockey145
20th Nov 2010, 00:37
Hi Prozac

This is not what I am hearing elsewhere!

Anyway, it's all academic. The minute I am asked to fund my own ticket to China for interview..................

No! :mad:

hongkongfooey
20th Nov 2010, 00:51
50% plus failure rate for the ASTRONAUT medical

Yeh what a joke, you see the mainland chinese pilots walking around with a fag hanging out of their mouth and would not have walked to the A/C if there was any other way, let alone do any exercise.

Jetjock, you are far better off where you are ( presumably nowhere near China ), this place is a polluted 5hithole, google " pollution china " it is scary.

All the best

DMN
20th Nov 2010, 14:39
If one joins as a first officer, without having previous jet command time, do they upgrade their first officers?