PDA

View Full Version : AA Recalls Approximately 800 Furloughed Employees

6th Oct 2010, 13:15
AMR Corp Recalls Approximately 800 Furloughed Employees
- American Airlines today announced that it is sending recall notices to 545 flight attendants and 250 pilots. Several factors contributed to the company's ability to recall, primarily its efforts to capitalize on new international flying and business opportunities with British Airways and Iberia, continuing to strengthen its cornerstone hubs, and preparing for it's pending alliance with Japan Airlines.

Not sure if that is of any interest to anyone, by all means remove or move as neccessary

bfisk
6th Oct 2010, 13:18
Always good to hear things are picking up, even for us down lower down on the food chain and on the other side of the pond. The domino effect :ok:

SKS777FLYER
6th Oct 2010, 14:17
Does my heart good to see that news. Having been furloughed twice in the early 1980's from AA, I can empathize greatly even after all the years; one of those life experiences that make you stronger, but not necessarily one would want a do-over.
On a somewhat related note; I am sure my early-out thrilled many junior pilots to me......early outs, normal retirements, etc used up much ink of mine over the years x-ing pilots names senior to mine off the seniority list.:)