PDA

View Full Version : Aircrewman Courses

stretchka15
6th Oct 2010, 11:06
I'm currently looking at doing a aircrewman course. Has anyone done any of these courses? like the one with care flight on gold coast?

Wondering how have people found the course they've done? and job prospects or work experience to build up hrs after completion.

Thanks
stretchka15

Subversive1
8th Oct 2010, 05:10
To be honest I think most crewmen either start in the ADF or emergency services. There are exceptions but it a long, hard and expensive road to take yourself down. A lot of operators prefer that you have completed Helicopter CPL subjects, in addition to the required courses (which will probably set you back $20K themselves). To go that far you would be better off doing a Helo licence.

Al Fentanyl
8th Oct 2010, 13:05
The majority of EMQ aircrewmen have no flight qualifications, nor requirements for same - although they do operate in a quasi co-pilot role at times. The requirements as I recall are something like winch operator certification with x number of logged winch missions, plus senior first aid, aircrewman certificate, HUET, and the usual government warm and fuzzy crap.

Look up some of the NGOs like Lloyds, Chatham, and the other assorted CHPs.

You're probably better off repositioning this thread to ROTORHEADS; they would probably be much better informed and able to advise than the GA community.