PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using non-HSBC?

cxlinedriver
6th Oct 2010, 10:42
I have had a enough of HSBC!

This is not an international bank!

Out of HKG at the moment. Tried to withdraw some local $ over the counter. Can not do that - the account is in HKG - even though I am holding the local currency in my HSBC account. So, went to the ATM, withdrew local $. This was taken from my HKD account at HSBC bull**** exchange rate and I was charged HKD20 for using the ATM.

World Bank - F#@k Off!!

Anyone got any advice? Citibank? Any suggestions appreciated. Any names of go-to person at a true international bank would be great.

Toruk Macto
6th Oct 2010, 10:58
You can have Hong Kong Days outside of Hong Kong as well. There is no escape!

Beta Light
7th Oct 2010, 10:55
Cxline, I went through the same last year. Then saw citi bank do a promotion in the "street". Took the cheap tax loan and moved everything to Citi. BIG MISTAKE !! Now I know why they needed a bail out.....
At least HSBC refunded my money in good time after my card was cloned in Thailand.

After proving various cases of bad to terrible service which they admitted to ( had the tapes pulled of conversations on the telephone) I had a strong case to break out of my Citi Bank deals, and sadly..... back with HSBC.
They all the same breed mate.

The Wraith
7th Oct 2010, 11:55
Both Bank of China and Standard Chartered make HSBC look like a bunch of c..........well, you get the idea.
HSBC are the sorriest bunch of idiots I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Hate them.:yuk: