PDA

View Full Version : Sites/Books with useful study information.

shiver
5th Oct 2010, 18:03
As is a lot of people in my situation, I find myself finished training but with no sign of a job. To expand my knowledge when that interview does come around (fingers crossed), I was looking for suggestions from people of good books or sites with useful study information.
All much appreciated.

potkettleblack
6th Oct 2010, 20:33
Put on the kettle and make a cup of tea. Then sit down and open up your word processor. Go into the Ryanair interview thread and copy and paste all of the questions that supposedly get asked along with the answers given. Now that's the easy part. Now open up all of those manuals which are gathering dust and work your way through the questions finding out the correct answers eg: advantages of swept wings, mcrit, v speeds etc.

The above will cover the tech side. Then go into a bookshop and have a look for a decent interview prep book. A good one will have all the usual HR type mumbo jumbo along with a comprehensive explanation of why the questions are being asked along with a structure for answering eg: strengths and weaknesses, time you experienced conflict etc etc.

Next on the agenda is keeping up with world news and the goings on in the industry. A regular visit to the library should enable you free access to various publications.

If you had a list of companies that you thought were going to recruit low timer then you could start doing background research on them. Fleet type, size, markets, destinations, business model, market cap, no of employees, name of CEO, chief pilot and chairman etc.

That should keep you busy for now. Don't forget to keep current as well on whatever type you fly. A bit of time in a sim closer to the date of a sim check would be worthwhile but wait till there is something in the pipeline.

Prophead
6th Oct 2010, 21:15
Dont ebay all your ATPL manuals like alot of people seem to do the minute they finish the exams.:rolleyes:

Torque Tonight
7th Oct 2010, 18:07
Before someone inevitably recommends 'Ace The Technical Pilot Interview' by Gary Bristow, let me get in there first and say don't - it's a piece of s--t. Search previous threads for explanation.