PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Update Request

Starbear
5th Oct 2010, 16:29
Any expat Captains currently working for Indigo available and willing to give update on what the company is like to work for please? Search results are either a bit dated and NOT very complimentary or are about cadet or F/O recruitment via CAE I think.

I also see that the DGCA are quoted as saying expats are only to be permitted until July 2011 now.

Starbear
12th Oct 2010, 15:00
Nobody I guess?

IndAir967
12th Oct 2010, 18:48
Am not from Indigo but based on my limited knowledge..
Non Commutable..
Management Bias Exists..
But not an bad option if u dont have an job elsewhere..
Fleet is relatively young..
Salary is payed "MOSTLY" on time.. (read MOSTLY)

Am sure some one from indigo can enlighten you more..

Bonne Landings !

Starbear
12th Oct 2010, 21:11
Thank you for that IndAir967, all information is welcome.

A little bit difficult to read between the lines, though I know you mean well. I was under the impression that this was commutable for expat type contract and just wonder what you mean by mangement bias etc.

Fully understand if you don't want to expand but as I say any and all info is welcome.

SB

vserian
13th Oct 2010, 06:05
hi, i don't work for them but i know few people who does, PM me i can give you few mail address

The only complain is about the management people..

other than that i guess its not a bad place to work

Abaft
13th Oct 2010, 11:50
Best company if you want to come to India. Managment is fair & square. Salary is on time, every time.:ok:
Very young fleet, maintenance is good, rather very good.
Expansion very aggressive, 52 a/c by 1st quater 2012 & they need lots n lots of pilots(Captains).
International operation from mid 2011, destinations being planned are neibhouring countries,South East & Middle EasT.
As per the senior operations managment the expat captains will be required for couple of years & the DGCA has been approached for the same. They are looking for local & expat pilots in big numbers.I've been with the company for nearly 2 years, never a problem.
The senior ops mgrs are going to be in BOM (19th & 20th OCT. at Grand Hyatt), BLR (27th Oct. at Clarks Exocita.), MAA(28th Oct. at The Park.) & DEL (7th & 8th Oct at Essex Farms.) to meet local pilots, some kind of a road show.

skytrek21
14th Oct 2010, 02:45
First of IndAir967 don't answer something you don't know or if you don't work for the company. You will look like a fool...like you are already looking now. I worked for Indigo for 2 years. EXCELLENT company to be with in India...I would say the best company to be with in India. Starbear...if you need contacts...please PM me. I can give you the right people to talk to. PAY will always be on time. Never had an issue with that. Commutable roster. 6 on 2 off, or anyother roster you can workout with mgmt. Overall fantastic company to work for and the Mgmt is extremely fair.

sky

Abaft
14th Oct 2010, 05:06
My mistake, Delhi is on 7th & 8th Nov at Essex Farms.

Starbear
14th Oct 2010, 11:25
An interesting mix of views. Thanks, especially to those with direct experience but also to all for taking the trouble to reply.

SB

Dagar
14th Oct 2010, 20:12
Where does Indigo conduct sim.training for initial and recurrent??

DesiPilot
15th Oct 2010, 05:52
They use CAE in BLR, sometime (read rarely) they use CAE in DXB .

Abaft
15th Oct 2010, 05:59
Initial conversions are sent to CAE Dubai & recurrent is done at CAE Bangalore by a mix of Indian & Expate TRE/TRIs. The training well managed & world class. No surprises ever. Recurrent is a mix of LOFT & proficiency.Best training I've seen or heard in India, very professional.
Company is looking for TREs ,TRIs, CHECK CREW & CAPTAINs (RATED or NON-RATED).

Elmer_mt
15th Oct 2010, 13:41
:ugh:before you even plan on working in India...please consider this..and think it over a couple of times...

situation 1. after a three or four sector flight, you're tired and waiting at the terminal in Delhi, during summer time, 45 deg C... your car is late,waiting in the heat of the sun you drink your bottle of mineral and consumed it all and still the taxi hasn't arrived, and when it arrives, you thought it will be just fine, then you found out... the car airconditioner is not working... 30-45 mins. later you're in the hotel perspiring profusely.. and you thought the ordeal was over, nope... you checked-in, hoping for a nice reception, but wait there's quiet a couple of crews checking in, so you have to wait 5-10minutes more captain...haha, it's not yet over man... once you're in the hotel, you have to dress-up quickly coz this low cost hotel you're in doesn't pick-up your uniform (for laundry) so be prepared to go down the reception area and deliver it yourself.... then you got hungry, haha, they don't have room service as well, so be prepared to pick-up your lunch/dinner from the restaurant...? wonder why? that's just the way it is...stop complaining...

situation 2. you have an early morning flight, 5:30/6:00 am etd, 3-4 sectors, you haven't eaten your breafast of course; your flight is on-time, everything works just fine, until your asked what's there to eat? then, the crew shows up with a meal that smells "literally ****", and you feel like you want to vomit....:eek:, do you still wanna eat? coffee, maybe..

situation 3. imagine a crazy driver driving you to the airport, who does not stop at red lights, and humps....ohhh let me remind you... get your own health/medical insurance coz you need to be INSURED!!!

These are just a couple of issues you'll be dealing with day by day whilst in India so I recommend you watch the movie "slumdog millionaire", or better yet, go to India as a tourist first, experience it first hand to live in India for maybe a week, and you'll find out... it's not worth it..to live and work there. Only if you are in dire need of a job, will I recommend you going there.

And yeah, I've worked there....and never liked it.

flight517
15th Oct 2010, 15:02
i wish we had more expats not willing to work in india:rolleyes:

itsbrokenagain
15th Oct 2010, 15:34
Come on Emler Mt, I too have done the expat thing in many countries.. yes India is 'different', and yes it was more of an eye opener than I had expected. But the things you mentioned actually didnt really bother me that much.

What you describe I have experienced similiar things in 1st world countries (barr the driving, I can never get over the insane drivers of India and the dead people I have seen in car wrecks in India)

I had more trouble with living in India on the off days, ie trying to buy normal food....ever tried to buy diet coke... having to deal with the bank to send money home thats another story in itself... tried buying something as simple as a plastic table and chairs to sit outside on those rare cool clear days/nights... these and many other things I found more of a challenge in India than those things you mentioned.

vserian
15th Oct 2010, 15:49
the crew shows up with a meal that smells "literally ****", and you feel like you want to vomit....Look who is talking....someone who is in a country where they eat, rats, snakes,dogs, cockroaches, etc doesnt deserve to comment on indian foods like this

Dagar
15th Oct 2010, 21:20
elmer mt.forgot to mention the money he made over there,I am sure he definitely loved that.Does he know that some of the Indian hotels are ranked one of the best in the world,glad that a narrow minded i***t like him is outta there.Enjoy your kimchi elmer

Elmer_mt
17th Oct 2010, 04:04
:=sorry to disappoint you mates(expats)...but what i said is a fact and still remains true, that working in India is TRULY INCREDIBLE, and discomforting...and yeah mate, money is just the same (+-10K US/mo for Captains) everywhere wherever you work as an expat. All I'm saying is you can find better places to work for as an expat. And no offense meant, just wanna share my horrible experience in incredible india. (I could go on giving you guys some more situations and facts but I believe I've made my point...you know what I mean? )

Pulkdahulk
17th Oct 2010, 04:55
Where can I look for this information that Indigo is coming to Bangalore for sure.

What would I need, do I have to dress in formal wear as like a Job Career Fair or is it a casual meeting to find Pilots.

Do I need to get something with me and if yes, what?

dragstar
17th Oct 2010, 14:04
I am curious about this multi-city road show Indigo is planning.

What exactly is the purpose? will they be looking at fresh pilots? if yes, then isn't that CAE's job? they can easily send email invites and get their office mobbed.

Dualinput
17th Oct 2010, 14:31
roadshow is only for experienced pilots....to be held in DEL, BOM, MAA and BLR
cheers,
google

Leemankin
18th Oct 2010, 03:41
not a wise idea..goin to indigo, elmer has a point, take it seriously...but then its up to you.

Leemankin
18th Oct 2010, 03:50
imagine a crazy driver driving you to the airport, who does not stop at red lights, and humps....ohhh let me remind you... get your own health/medical insurance coz you need to be INSURED!!!

1FD1
18th Oct 2010, 03:56
yeap, one captain smashed his face one morning in blr, riding with one of those crazy drivers down the ditch, dunno is he's back on the line

Abaft
19th Oct 2010, 05:27
This is the info I got from a friend.
Their senior managment team will be there, friendly bunch of people. Casuals would be okay I think.
Mumbai Grand Hyatt
Off Western Express Highway
Santacruz (East)
Mumbai – 400 055 19th Oct, 2010 10am - 8pm
20th Oct, 2010 9am - 6pm

Bangalore Clarks Exotica
Swiss Town
Bengaluru 562110 27th Oct,2010 10am – 5pm

Chennai The Park,
601 Annasalai
Chennai – 600 006 28th Oct, 2010 9am – 6pm

CDR A320
20th Oct 2010, 06:10
Hey guys i have just finished my ppl from canada and seriously considering my options to go ahead with my cpl as the job senerio in india looks very bleak for a long time now. any advices .........

Abaft
31st Oct 2010, 06:01
How do they look?
Any feedback comparing with others in the market.

guitarboy
10th Nov 2010, 04:43
Does anyone have an idea weather the First group of guys who did the CAE Indigo A320 Self Sponsored Type on a LOI gotten on-line?

Also ive read theyr asking for $30,000 for the Type. Is that true?

So after the type rating, is it required to give the DGCA technical n specific exams in India?

I mean basically how to get the Rating Endorsed on your CPL after the type from Outside india?

eec.deec.fadec
12th Jan 2011, 17:21
If you have A320 PIC experience you should apply. Indigo needs captains.