PDA

View Full Version : Air Tanker Services...

opsjockey
5th Oct 2010, 09:27
Air Tanker Services... whats the verdict...?

There was an Air Tanker thread a while back in the Flight / Ground ops forum, but it seems to have dissapeared.

Heres me, Ops controller roll, Charter Company, South England. Enjoy my job and company, not much room for manouver... will probably sit and stagnate until someone leaves / dies (most staff have been here since the beginning). Business is slow at the moment.

Air Tanker, Nice new venture, lots of new planes to be built and entered into service, rural Oxfordshire and maybe a place for me to get in at the start and grow with the company.

I see they are advertising a few jobs at the moment, i also see in the press that there's some talk of 'bad value for money'... if it was cancelled surely they'd be some huge penalty clauses?... basically, whats the verdict? do the 'brains trust' of PPRuNe think this project will take off....

Your thoughts?

plans123
5th Oct 2010, 11:17
How about wait until after the SDSR is announced :E

And if you do, prepare to get your Dessies on:eek:

opsjockey
7th Oct 2010, 11:31
SDSR?
Dessies?

plans123
8th Oct 2010, 11:17
AirTanker Vs SDSR (http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awst/2010/09/20/AW_09_20_2010_p32-255375.xml)

merlinxx
8th Oct 2010, 13:17
As normal with the non military numpties feckwit handling, begats, feckwit results, and I also blame the AMs, AVMs, HoAS, all 3/4/5 Star rankers.:ugh:

Mr Angry from Purley
8th Oct 2010, 22:51
saskatoooooonn
i heard only 1 x A330 going on the G reg primarily for the Falklands run.
I can't see mainstream operators using the aircraft - PR, risk etc:\