PDA

View Full Version : Time Display - This Forum

P.Pilcher
4th Oct 2010, 10:00
My time zone is GMT (London Lisbon e.t.c) which, with "daylight saving correction is currently GMT +1. On the remainder of the board, all times appear to display correctly. At time of posting on this one, the initial screen indicates (correctly) that the last post was to the thread "Bootup in Seconds at 03.31. On actually accessing the forum, the thread concerned is way down the list with a last post time of "Today" at 14.57.
My time is currently 10.57 (BST). The first new post on the list is to the "Windows7 emails" Thread at 19.00!
Is something not updating?

P.P.

green granite
4th Oct 2010, 10:41
For some reason the time of post display has on occasions gone out of kilter for some time now, I'm sure Saab will bee along soon to tell us why

Saab Dastard
4th Oct 2010, 12:44
I will confirm the problem, but I don't know why it is happening.

It was reported to IB admin about 2 years ago, but we are no closer to a resolution.

It may be something to do with the time and date settings on some of the VM front-end web servers. The underlying data in the database is correct, but it is not always being presented correctly, hence the suspicion falling on the web server layer.

The hope is that moving to a new set of servers when the migration to VB4 is done will eradicate the problem (and hence little effort is being expended on curing it in VB3...).

Testing PPRuNe on VB4 is currently underway, although there's no date announced for implementation.

Sd

mad_jock
4th Oct 2010, 14:52
I would check if you have a script blocker.

If you block scripts pprune does some very strange things. And most scripts from pprune are blocked as default unless you allow access to them as a special.

Saab Dastard
4th Oct 2010, 18:02
MJ,

This has been confirmed as a server-side problem.

SD