PDA

View Full Version : Indian maintenance standards.

OPENDOOR
3rd Oct 2010, 10:41
From today's Telegraph.

"Airbus looks to India to bridge skills gap.
Airbus, the world's biggest aeroplane maker, will carry out a greater proportion of engineering work in India in the future as a direct result of a dearth of qualified engineers in the UK, Germany and France."

Any thoughts....?

TURIN
3rd Oct 2010, 11:16
No dearth. Just a dearth of qualified engineers who will work for buttons. :mad:

jimmygill
3rd Oct 2010, 11:32
"Airbus looks to India to bridge skills gap.
Airbus, the world's biggest aeroplane maker, will carry out a greater proportion of engineering work in India in the future as a direct result of a dearth of qualified engineers in the UK, Germany and France."

Any thoughts....?

Actually there is real dearth of qualified engineers in Europe willing to work more than 50 hrs a week at less than 500 Euros a month (2.30 Euro/Hour) and a company provided shared taxi-cab for commuting, and a dedicated taxi cab in case employee choses to work 2-3 hrs extra to meet engineering deadlines, of course without any benefit of overtime pays.

When I graduated with engineering degree here in Bombay, one of the Italian contractors of Airbus offered me 400 Euro a month... at that rate assuming 50% savings it would have taken me 130 months to recover the cost of getting a Bachelors+Masters...

I thought if getting exploitated is destiny, aviation is not too bad.

PS: That firm coincidentally was from Turin.