PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility To Appear In Atpl Exams In India

xyz21
2nd Oct 2010, 13:19
What Is The Eligibility Req To Appear In Atpl Exams In India??do We Need Some Kind Of Flying Hrs Other Than Normal 250 Hrs??is There A Multi Engine Rating Req??

jimmygill
2nd Oct 2010, 16:55
What Is The Eligibility Req To Appear In Atpl Exams In India??do We Need Some Kind Of Flying Hrs Other Than Normal 250 Hrs??is There A Multi Engine Rating Req??

CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 7, FLIGHT CREW STANDARDS
SERIES ‘B’ PART I
ISSUE I, 23rd AUGUST, 1993 EFFECTIVE: FORTHWITH
7.4 ATPL (Airlines Transport Pilots Licence):
The applicant should have Indian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) with multi-engine
endorsement or a minimum of 500 hours of flying experience of which at least 200
hours should be as Pilot in Command in case of Defence Personnel.

bucks_raj
2nd Oct 2010, 19:31
though there are a different set of requirements for applying for the exam...

jimmygill
3rd Oct 2010, 08:41
6.2 Submission of application for examination conducted by CEO:

Application Form for written / oral examination can be downloaded from
DGCA website. The dully filled in application along with requisite fees should
be forwarded to Director of Airworthiness (CEO), O/o the DGCA, East Block
III, Level III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066. Incomplete / incorrect
Application Form shall be liable for rejection.

If you are talking about the Annexure 1 to the form, thats extra legal requirement.... requirement beyond what regulations specify..

nikhilheb
4th Oct 2010, 08:34
so, Indian CPL with multi endorsement is all I need to take the ATPL exams?

Had read a while back on Pprune regarding some airline certificate or something to take the same. How true is that? Anyone here who gave the ATPL exams without being in an airline?

bucks_raj
4th Oct 2010, 19:39
so, Indian CPL with multi endorsement is all I need to take the ATPL exams?

TRUE...:D

But do have a look at annexure 1 of the form before you think of taking the exam.A Ground School certificate and a flying trng certificate from a dgca authorised school for atpl :ugh: :ok:

guitarboy
5th Oct 2010, 01:43
Well. does anyone have a dgca link to the validity of the exams now? 2.5 yrs or 5 yrs.. i mean it'd be stupid for a Unemplyed CPL holder to give ATPL exams before actaully being emplyed unless the validity is 5 years..

Just speaking generally..

nikhilheb
5th Oct 2010, 05:45
Don't you get a Frozen ATPL after passing the exams, till you meet the hour requirements?