PDA

View Full Version : Indian CPL

nikhilheb
2nd Oct 2010, 07:21
Hi all,

I am about to get my documents in order to submit to DGCA for an Indian License. I have an FAA Multi CPL with IR, but no Single Engine Commercial.

Now, while applying for Indian license, do I apply for the Single Commercial with Multi Add on or just apply for a Multi CPL?

If I just apply for a Multi CPL, which form out of the 2 linked below do I fill up for "General Flying Test by Day" and ".....by Night"?

1. http://dgca.nic.in/forms/crew-d/CA40.pdf
This form seems apt for a day/night check but explicitly mentions for S.E. a/c

2.http://dgca.nic.in/forms/crew-d/CA40B.pdf
This form seems made for M.E. but doesn't mention "General Flying Test by Day/Night"

Would appreciate all the help I can get!

weapon-x
2nd Oct 2010, 09:10
here is the link of the guide to help u out ..

Steps to Convert Foreign Pilot License To India - Indian Commercial Pilots Network (http://www.icpn.in/index.php?/topic/114-steps-to-convert-foreign-pilot-license-to-india/)

nikhilheb
2nd Oct 2010, 10:32
Thanks for the link!

It did solve my query about which form I needed to fill up for the Multi General Tests.

Still not sure if I can apply solely for a Multi-IR CPL, or I have to apply for a Single CPL with Multi add-on.

Anybody here who was faced with a similar situation?

bsbachher
2nd Oct 2010, 11:11
apply for single engine CPL... that is cost effective if you dont get a job after you hav the license wid u... and later you can apply for multi rating once you hav the lic in hand.

nywyz this also depends on whthr ur Commercial chkride was on multi or single

nikhilheb
2nd Oct 2010, 11:55
Precisely my question.

My commercial checkride was on a Multi Engine (Be-76).

I have a Multi Commercial ONLY, no single.

I will be applying for multi in my Indian CPL, I want to know if I CAN apply for the Single also.

After spending nearly 40 lakhs on training, I'm really not looking to save 5000 for avoiding a license/rating I'm eligible to apply for.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

parasite tango
2nd Oct 2010, 15:04
Yes you can apply for single engine provided you have required day check ,night check , and IR check on a single engine aircraft signed by your flying school.

I was once in a same situation as yours and I did what I mentioned above and got Indian cpl with single engine and multi engine endorsed.

jimmygill
2nd Oct 2010, 17:30
After spending nearly 40 lakhs on training, I'm really not looking to save 5000 for avoiding a license/rating I'm eligible to apply for.

If you are in USA take the single engine check ride...

It will help a lot in keeping your license current in India...

After all there is no BE-76 to renew your IR checks in India....

nikhilheb
4th Oct 2010, 08:31
@parasite tango
Thanks a lot! I did the required checks (day, night, IR) when I was in the US, but panicked a little when I heard lots of various opinions from people whose 'friends' had been refused licenses for various reasons. Anyway, that pretty much answers my question. Thanks a lot again!

@Jimmy
Unfortunately not in the US anymore.
If I do get a license with single and multi as mentioned by Parasite Tango, I would be able to renew IR checks on single itself right? i.e. in India?

aviator1989
4th Oct 2010, 11:08
I did my FAA commercial on Multi (PA-34) and did day/night and other requirements on both then Applied for single commercial here with pa-34 in additional aircraft rating
so now i have dgca commercial with endorsements of both the aircrafts

hope that helps :ok:

nikhilheb
4th Oct 2010, 12:05
I'm gonna be applying for a license on Be-76 (since I did the 250NM and 120NM X-Countries on the Duchess) with an additional 172 rating. Shouldn't be a problem right?