PDA

View Full Version : Recording time of simulator.

Yeah
1st Oct 2010, 06:54
Hi, could someone point mi JAR about recording FFS to logbook? I Found 1.080 but i didn't found answer to my question.
Can I log time of FNTP II or FFS to my total time?
In my logbook I don't have column 'simulator', I've only table for simulator on the back of book.

Genghis the Engineer
1st Oct 2010, 11:28
Use a column you aren't using, log simulator time separately.

Some course requirements will allow a certain amount of simulator time for that particular qualification, but it doesn't formally comprise part of your total flying hours.

My logbook has three totals: total flying time, total piloting time (I have a non-pilot flying qualification), and simulator time. Then anybody who needs an answer, can work it out easily.

(Nobody makes a logbook like that, just change the column headings).

G

GusHoneybun
1st Oct 2010, 14:20
Jeppesen professional logbooks have a column for logging sim time.
You can't log sim time as total time.

ReverseFlight
2nd Oct 2010, 14:12
I actually keep a separate logbook for sim time which is never added to my total flight time.

The question is : does anyone sub-divide their sim time into P1/PIC, P2/SIC and Dual time ? Does it make a difference technically e.g. if you're a sim instructor ?

2 Whites 2 Reds
6th Oct 2010, 11:50
This is a very interesting thread as I'm doing some basic sim instructing while the great job hunt continues. I opted to give the hours a wide berth and have done an excel speadsheet to keep a track of sim hours. This helps keep everything nice and clear without having to operate 2 seperate log books.

ReverseFlight
6th Oct 2010, 14:04
2W2R, when I said a separate logbook for sim time, it is in Excel form for exactly the same reasons you mentioned. There is no requirement to have a logbook in paper form and any electronic medium is acceptable.

I'm still stumped though. Can I subdivide my instructional sim time into PIC, SIC and Dual time for 2-pilot operations ? How do you record yours ?