PDA

View Full Version : KingFisher: Live the Bad Times

Pulkdahulk
1st Oct 2010, 04:45
The Verdict is out

KFA is cutting jobs. Too much expansion and too much money spending for just the Customers is not good. I am sure if they would have spent equally to Employees that they would have done much better in today times.

Its the Principle of Loyalty - KFA to say the least never treated on par or above with their Pilots as far as I know from so many rumors I have heard. South West is doing well for themselves, Jet Blue is doing well for themselves, Air Tiger is doing well for itself - all these based on one idea - Keep the employees happy, things will take care of the rest. They gave a different reason altogether that to merge KFA and Deccan that they have been "cutting" jobs. Most of whom I have spoken to said - 'Treatment'

Now as far as I feel, this is good for KFA. They need to re-structure themselves.

Excerpts from Financial Express
Vijay Mallya-promoted Kingfisher Airlines is cutting 300 jobs, besides returning surplus aircrafts.
"As a result, a set of 300 employees have chosen to move on and have parted ways with the company and/or put in their resignations," he added.
The carrier is also returning surplus aircrafts to lessors, which are now redundant consequent upon route rationalisation, he added.
"We have already returned two aircraft and are closely monitoring aircraft. Elaborating the reasons behind downsizing of staff, he said as the process of integration of the two entities (Kingfisher and Simplifly Deccan) nears completion, the carrier examined the complete organisation structure of the airline and mapped the skill sets of the existing talent pool with the projected talent requirements of the company. utilisation," the spokesperson said.

airjet
8th Oct 2010, 14:36
:yuk: I n the last year this co has had 133 pilots resign, and at present have 13 planes grounded about 1/2 of thier A320 fleet:eek: and are in debt approx 8000 crore(nearly 2 billion $) and to make matters worse they treat thier staff like crap, the HR dept is totally dishonest, believe nothing they say, not even in writing,--by the end of this year "can u belive" they will have to hire ex-pats if the want to keep even this reduced skedule going, here`s an example of the type of thing you can expect.---couple years back they said they needed A330 pilots badly, they coerced about 15 capts from Sri-lankian, trained them and had them sitting around for ONE YEAR then tell them sorry we no longer need u(this is after these boys had left thier job).now they actually had the audacity to ask these same guys to come back:= well the Sri-lankians told them sure how long is the contract-2 years, well put 2 years pay in my bank a/c and i might lol.
on top of all this they have now persauded UB to take more equity in KFA so soon UB will have a multi-billion dollar co, losing constantly, all thier own, and make no mistake if it wasn`t that they are "trapped" by the DGCA`s ridiculous ruling about 6 months notice, 1/2 the pilots would be gone, there is not one singular ex-pat in KFA that is not "job hunting":yuk:

fullforward
9th Oct 2010, 00:30
˙ou wrote: "1/2 the pilots would be gone, there is not one singular ex-pat in KFA that is not "job hunting"

Hardly a drama: LOTS of A320/330 jobs around, just do a search!

airjet
10th Oct 2010, 01:29
not me full retired:)

Pulkdahulk
10th Oct 2010, 03:03
Hi Airjet - where do you live in Florida.

I am from Daytona Beach/Port Orange area....would love to meet up with you if you have knowledge of Indian Aviation. It would be a pleasure. Could I PM you

vserian
10th Oct 2010, 17:01
They are actually losing more and more pilots every month

GlueBall
11th Oct 2010, 11:01
OK, OK....but it's still the best beer in India :ok:

airjet
11th Oct 2010, 19:08
yes sure Pulk, anytime:ok: i live in fla pembroke pines

airjet
11th Oct 2010, 19:14
It won`t be long before UB gets fed up with Mallya`s constant begging, and constant losing,:= then the banks will swiftly follow