PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Spain

westernswamp
30th Sep 2010, 13:44
Greetings one and all!
I was wondering if someone out there had any good connections when it comes to applying for a low-flying permit and an off airport landing permit in spain?
Telephone or E-mail much appreciated.
Best regards,
W.

Rotordent
30th Sep 2010, 16:07
Hi,
try Heliactivo.com in Benidorm

email [email protected]

Happy flying

dammyneckhurts
1st Oct 2010, 02:03
Are permits required for all off-airport landings in Spain?

pitot212
1st Oct 2010, 06:43
No permits are needed as far as I'm aware.

estepo
1st Oct 2010, 11:18
Nor me. Although it's very important that you close your flight plan once you've landed by phone, and if you're departing from an unofficially recognized airport, despite filing a flight plan, you'll need to open it too before you lift.

Furia
1st Oct 2010, 16:17
I guess we are talking about a NON COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY so this are the rules here:
Off airport landing are allowed as long you have PREVIOUS CONSENT by the owner of the landing area. That permit must include the specific permision to the Police to enter that private area to verify the operation in case they need to.
That area should not be used for more that 3 take off and landings per month (thus not converting it into a regular uncertified helipad)
And it is also important that the landing area is not on a populated area, such a city or village or its proximities. Neither they can do this in the proximity of an airport.

Anyway you would probably receive the "visit" of the Guardia Civil (Police) 5 minutes after landing :cool: asking you for your papers and owner permision to land there.
If you fullfill all the requirements, you can nicely make off airport landings here.
:)