PDA

View Full Version : Attn BOAC and all the other bumpkins^H^H^H^H^H^H people who live in a rural idyll...

Mike-Bracknell
30th Sep 2010, 11:23
:}

BBC News - BT to roll out fibre broadband across Cornwall (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11435640)

If they keep marketing themselves like that, they'll make a rod for their own backs!

Mr Optimistic
30th Sep 2010, 11:40
out here the 53db attenuation and no llu is a disadvantage, but looking at it the other way it would take a lot more than broadband speeds to make Bracknell habitable. Lived there once (Ferranti), reminded me of a downmarket Basingstoke..............:O

BOAC
30th Sep 2010, 13:03
You have my attention! I may move to Cornwall:)

Does this meant the latest exchange upgrade list has been released? Due end Sep/early Oct.

The latest list of planned exchange upgrades was published on 29/9 and has been amended twice already..............................

Apparently some sort of 'keynote speech' due at the Tory conference.:rolleyes: (Further delays......................?:ugh:)

BOAC
8th Oct 2010, 16:00
Anyone heard any squeaks from the 'conference'?

Latest piece of joy is that the government plan to charge anyone who connects to a non-BT broadband feed £20 a year for the privilege.:ugh: