PDA

View Full Version : Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown - new video interview

NorthernKestrel
29th Sep 2010, 10:59
Apologies it this breaks Pprune rules - don't think RAeS counts as a commercial link - but there is great video interview with Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown here...

Video interview - Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown | Aero Society Channel (http://www.aerosocietychannel.com/2010/09/captain-eric-brown-interview/)

Apparently he was doing an aerobatic display with a He162 in Farnborough in 1945!!:eek:

And great quote about flying an General Aircraft flying wing - I had 19 flights in it because we had 19 observers(test engineers) at RAE and no-one would fly with me a second time!

A true aviation hero!

NorthernKestrel
29th Sep 2010, 18:15
Weird...?

Tried posting this earlier and it didn't appear - so thought I had run afoul of pprune forum rules somehow - now it seems to have popped up after all....

....:confused:

Arm out the window
29th Sep 2010, 21:45
I picked up his book 'Wings on my Sleeve' in a second-hand shop by chance, and it's one of the best flying books I've read.

JEM60
29th Sep 2010, 22:13
I also have 'Wings on my sleeve' and agree with your comments. I was fortunate enough to attend one of his after dinner speeches. Brilliant. He autographed my copy fo rme. I had a clear- out of Aviation memorobilia when I retired. I kept that one, of course.

doubledolphins
5th Oct 2010, 11:32
Oh dear this might be called a commerecial but did you know that WomS has been re published and updated? Well worth the read. As some of the stuff in it was classified when the original came out.

Liobian
17th Oct 2010, 20:23
FYI, Capt Brown is scheduled to talk to the RAeS at Prestwick on 21/3/11.
More on the branch website.